Trump Awarded By NRSC On Same Weekend He Hurled Insults At McConnell

Just hours after former President Trump called Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) a “dumb son of a bitch” Trump was … awarded for it?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1369167
1 Like

Election loser and failed insurrectionist gets participation trophy. And thinks he won it.

42 Likes

In an email on Monday morning, the National Republican Senatorial Committee announced that its chairman, Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), presented Trump with its first-ever “Champion for Freedom Award.”

I guess it’s the award they’ll give to anyone who can stand in for their dominatrix.
And he did such a good job of it, too.

11 Likes

This is beginning to feel like the “corn field” episode of the Twilight Zone.

Mitch McConnell is a VERY bad man ! ! !

ETA. Rick Scott: “It’s good that Donald wished Mitch into the corn field !”

24 Likes

The tiny trophy makes his hands look large.

21 Likes

So kind of an Ig Nobel prize?

21 Likes

These butt-sniffers can’t get their noses brown enough. Eventually he won’t feel appreciated enough and he’ll demand daily visual colonoscopies.

And they will comply with alacrity.

9 Likes

14 Likes

Thank you sir, may I have another… :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

“Prunes or Metamucil”?

Nah, Kool-Aid starter batch…

6 Likes

FIFY

8 Likes

Conspiracy Theory Time:

I think McTurtle knows Trump looks like shit and close to the grave these days, so he’s going to keep coming up with participation trophies, send back-benchers down to present them, then conveniently remind GOP voters of Trump’s “Weekend at Bernie’s” like appearance in these emails the NRSC is sending out with photos.

4 Likes

If you squint, you can read:

Participant,
2020 Presidential Election

21 Likes

17 Likes

Laughing chimp sez, “Heh.”

Heh.

Meh.

2 Likes

So does McTurtle though

8 Likes

Nice photo with the ‘trophy’.

At least after trump loses everything in the courts he’ll still have a pot to piss in.

13 Likes

Notice the award is based on stopping Democrats, rather than doing anything positive or even trying to advance their agenda. All they are is being contrarions.

Also, it’s the 1st time given so it’s just fluff job for t…p.

16 Likes

I’ve got to say…I hope the Democrats do not hand out awards that are solely to honor someone who blocked the other party.

Such a bullshit award.

10 Likes

Same as it ever was.

5 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available