Trump Ally David Perdue Will Launch Bid For Georgia Governor

I’ve been in them. Mostly the electronics type with the bunny suits.

That tactic seems to have become very popular and more successful. Gerrymandering will keep that strategy front and center for the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

Lets not go counting chickens. And the national Democratic establishment better help fill her war chest after she delivered control of the senate. Also, electing her will latch GA blue by fixing some the election machinery damage done by kemp.

17 Likes

A purge of purges?

2 Likes

I don’t think one can re-register a purged voter, but one could do outreach to them to see if they really should have been purged. But I’m thinking more along the lines of equitable distribution of polling locations and drop boxes based on population, more early voting opportunity, use of pandemic emergency powers to facilitate voting, non-enforcement of vote suppression laws such as the prohibition of giving water to voters in line or the prohibition of more than four people at a time using a motor vehicle to travel to a polling location (really, that is a law), and termination of GA’s charming practice of refusing to issue drivers licenses to american citizens who recently moved there from Puerto Rico.

8 Likes

On the other hand you might have handed him a lighter and exited the building quietly.

Yes, purged voters can be re-registered. The catch is, that they first have to know that they’ve been removed from the rolls. If you don’t know you’ve been purged, and you show up to vote, it’s too late to re-register in states, like GA, that don’t have same-day registration.

So, everyone needs to check well ahead to make sure they’re still registered, or, if they have moved or not voted for years, to make sure they are correctly registered.

14 Likes

What’s he gonna do when Trump is indicted?

3 Likes

Deny that he ever knew him.

5 Likes

Take a seat folks.

Hey… look who brought the snacks.

3 Likes

Seems to me an effective use of advertising dollars would be PSAs and ads in the local media/papers to residents to check on their voting registration status.

6 Likes

Snakes On a Plane 2.0

2 Likes

No shit, but the voter has to do it. My earlier point was that the state cannot unilaterally reregister a voter that appears to have been purged in “error”. My next sentence was mentioning contacting the purged voter.

2 Likes

But look at his somber and thoughtful expression. Lincolnesque, I call it.

4 Likes

Mine was a biochem type lab. Chemicals in jars and jugs, expensive equipment like centrifuges the size of a washing machine, my own ancient compound microscope and double pan balance.etc. And we had some tiny amounts of radioactivity stuck on very small amounts of certain biological molecules. So… no trump visits please.

1 Like

Of course, as the state would be using the exact same database that cause the purge in the first place. You would have to have new information for the voter registration to be corrected.

1 Like

Your’e welcome

6 Likes

Not Beatles related

28 Likes

Of course, they were and my my this is getting closer and closer to 45.

11 Likes

Seems like they both will burn through a lot of money.

11 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available