Tipster Alleges Meddling In IRS Trump Audit | Talking Points Memo

I hope we can get this whistleblower in front of a House Committee as with the other one, but I can imagine Trump will fight this to the end of the world because it’s about his tax returns - a Pandora’s Box of fraud, money-laundering, tax evasion, and other evils.

12 Likes

Cue the cross-dragging prophet pacing the sidewalk in front of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue with a sign saying “THE END IS NIGH!”

2 Likes

Now that the weather is cooling, pretty soon. I suggest we head into DC and take The People’s House AND NOT LET HIM BACK INTO IT. We can all wear our What to Wear To The Civil War outfits.

1 Like

I’m honestly not sure that Trump’s tax returns are going to be all that amazing. They will show the kinds of things that the wealthy do to avoid taxes, but those aren’t unique to him, or a reason to put up this extreme resistance. I think it’s really going to be ego, that they will show he’s never been worth what he says he is, and that’s going to be a lie that he can’t get past. His base may not care, but others are going to see it as just more confirmation that he lies about everything, and then question how he makes himself appear that wealthy when he’s really not, what corners he cuts…all the shady stuff will come out and tarnish him. Now, that may actually hurt him with the base, since they are not super poor, but are being squeezed…laying out all the things he can do as a wealthy person would open their eyes, and at least some might then see the truth about him.

5 Likes

When it rains, it pours.

2 Likes

A part of me just doesn’t get why the courts don’t expedite so many of these lawsuits and subpoenas against tRump and his cronies. I’ve had it up to here with all the slow-walking bullshit and intentional last minute filings. The stall tactics are ridiculous. Its no different than what tRump did when he was in the private sector. Enough already. Just rule on these cases already. Can’t these judges see what’s happening and how we need these cases resolved? So much damage to the country is being done in the meantime.

7 Likes

It’s the money angle, (1) not as wealthy as he claims, (2) will show that even a simple interest saving account would have given him much more from pappy’s largess than all if real estate investments, (3) will start people seriously asking who was paid off so that he could build cheap ass places for high prices, re: the tower fire that killed a condo owner, no sprinklers, no smoke detectors, etc. Who was paid off.

1 Like

Stall, stall, then make sure you get one of the REPUG lifetime appointed judges to slow walk even more. Stall long enough he’ll be out of office and then will ask for dismissal because of that fact.

1 Like

Well, I want to spike their damn Ark if they think they can get away

2 Likes

You could definitely be right.

But there is that tantalizing Russia connection. All those oligarchs in his building, the fact that he sold a property he was underwater on in Florida at an astronomical profit, that he was able to purchase expensive golf courses at a time he seemed stretched for funds, as well as very shady deals in Azerbaijan among other places.

Only way to really know and end the speculation, of course, is to see the tax returns.

3 Likes

Be careful and hope they haven’t used the same contractors as the KY Ark Encounter folks did. Seems they got flooded out this past Spring.

Ark Encounter theme park in Williamstown, Ky. In the Bible, the ark survived an epic flood. Yet the owners of Kentucky’s Noah’s ark attraction are demanding their insurance company rescue them from flooding that caused nearly $1 million in property damage.

3 Likes

They are expediting them, it just doesn’t feel that way. Under normal circumstances, these white-collar crime bits can take years to wind their way through to the appeals levels that a couple have only reached in a few months.

I’m with you, feels like fucking forever. But compared to the normal glacial pace (pre-global-warming, guess it’s time to retire that analogy from the lexicon), this is actually fast.

3 Likes

Huh. Isn’t that flooding kinda the point of having an ark?

5 Likes

I love your fierceness. hahahaha

2 Likes

and if my spouse croaks, I’ll be a Cougar too. Warrgh!

4 Likes

OT – Just came across this even though it looks like its a couple weeks old. Truly desperate.

I’m sure we can anticipate a lot of photoshopped images by uber-campaign genius Brad Parscale.

2 Likes

LOL. Their photoshopping skills (or time taken to do it) has improved: http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/04/trump-tweets-meme-video-of-biden-fondling-himself.html#_ga=2.265495245.310902374.1570149396-580591541.1570149396

either Dubai, or that ‘embassy’ in Jerusulum for Ivanka - they already have an apartment there. No way they’ll worry about a care home. You think they really love daddy after all the money is gone?

2 Likes

Are you kidding? Melania has that on the back of a windbreaker.

1 Like

It’s filled with weasels and hyenas - let them float off with the whole cargo of cheap crooked kids and bratty grandkids.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available