The Supreme Court Took A Sledgehammer To American Democracy

Roberts is no historian, amateur or otherwise. He is a racist, corporatist hack. He works for the oligarchy. Just because he’s been able to more or less smooth that over via incrementalism all these years does not change the direction nor the result.

47 Likes

I can’t find the back door. And while I understand the desire to fuck up something that worked just fine, I’m usually able to restrain myself from doing so.

Hunting flies.

39 Likes

The next time a Democrat is proposed for any judicial position, when they are asked how they will honor precedent the response should be, “Well Senator Graham, I intend to follow the practices of the Roberts court.”

34 Likes

Not even 24 hours into the scotus decision on immunity, and Joe hasn’t pardoned Hunter yet? :joy:

18 Likes

I haven’t found a backdoor that works for me. One probably exists, but I haven’t the patience to find it. As usual, I just waited for about an hour – today, less than that.
Doesn’t TPM worry about losing potential Prime Members?

9 Likes

No reason surrogates can’t do this.

25 Likes

Sounds like Florida under JEB, Scott and DeSantis. Pay to play. All your money are belong to me. /s

12 Likes

I can understand how people who love Congress and have always viewed the people on the other side of the aisle as worthy adversaries deserving of respect don’t wan’t to accept what the GOP has become. Regarding the status of GOP pols as good faith opponents, to borrow a line from Steely Dan, “Those days are gone forever, over a long time ago…”

33 Likes

ETA: Sorry. I thought I could go a day without, but I can’t.

FUCK. YOU. FOREVER. TEAM. UNICORN.

39 Likes

I don’t think Pres. Biden needs to step down, but I agree with your overall points.

6 Likes

“I am 6 months younger than Joe Biden and am so glad I went into music instead of politics because I can look old and have a bad night and people will still love me” Roger Daltrey (the Who) when I saw him at Ravinia this past Saturday.

One of the things about Joe Biden presidency is that he always had our backs, I mean the backs of everyday Americans. Economics, foreign policy, plague, everything.

Now we need to have his back.

73 Likes

Joe could have legally pardoned Hunter last week. The new ruling lets Joe prosecute the witnesses against Hunter.

34 Likes

With his new powers as king, perhaps Biden can shudder the FS. Or activate seal team six to take out Leo.

14 Likes

Any thoughts on what we can do? Because I don’t think throwing $20 at ActBlue is going to cut it.

13 Likes

Noir Puppy.

6 Likes

She has other ways to delay until after the election, so I’ll be surprised if she goes for this one.

As @txlawyer has pointed out before, her best path to ensuring Trump is never convicted is to avoid doing anything so drastic pre-trial that she gets kicked off the case, and then tank it with jury instructions that assure he’s acquitted once the trial starts. After the jury is seated, she’s the absolute authority and can’t be overruled.

Just thought I’d add that depressing note to what’s shaping up to be a depressing week. The only bright light on the horizon is Trump’s sentencing in the NY case next week. I know he’s trying to get that delayed after the SCOTUS ruling and I hope judge Merchan doesn’t take the bait.

14 Likes

Yeah – I got nothin’.

46 Likes

There should be protest marches everywhere, especially D.C.

Call your Senators and House reps: (202) 224-3121.

The switchboard operator will connect you to any office, just name the person you want.

Yesterday I spoke to staff at 2 Senators’ offices, left messages for a third and my house Rep.

More calls today.

Calls make a difference. Burn those lines. It’ll be a lot easier than the alternative.

20 Likes

I just got in myself, just now, via the back door (I’m wondering how many back doors this place actually has??)

BTW, this issue of the MM is one of David Kurtz’s BEST! Deep Bow to the Morning Man!

:pray:t3:

32 Likes

I have it bookmarked in my browser.

5 Likes