The Sausage Making: Kyrsten Sinema’s Secret Policy Demands | Talking Points Memo

While Congress is in recess this week, we’ll be watching negotiations on the infrastructure bill and presenting them to you in an evening briefing. Check in here to find out how the sausage-making is shaping up. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1390702
2 Likes

To Sinema’s other character flaws we can add “unreliable narrator.” No one should believe a thing she says.

33 Likes

I initially misread a line from Kate’s description of Sinema as a ‘fluorescent-wigged enema’. I’m still laughing at it b/c it wouldn’t necessarily be out of place in her write-up.

37 Likes

Lemme guess – Sinema wants to enacts Keynes’ idea of stimulus through burying and digging up gold bars, only with statues of herself.
Rightly, she supposes that paying for making the statues would have a further stimulative effect.

8 Likes

“I’m not going to share with you or with Schumer or with Pelosi,” she reportedly told a Democratic senator recently. “I have already told the White House what I am willing to do and what I’m not willing to do. I’m not mysterious. It’s not that I can’t make up my mind. I communicated it to them in detail. They just don’t like what they’re hearing.”

She’s privately sharing her position with the White House but not any colleague in the Senate or House, including Schumer & Pelosi?

And she doesn’t think this is mysterious?

For someone convinced of her convictions she’s awfully reticent to tell anyone what they are.

33 Likes

Well, she’s willing to tell Biden, presumably because she sees him as an equal.

13 Likes

I think the West Virginia senator is Shelley Moore Capito, not ‘Capitol.’

8 Likes

“fluorescent-wigged enigma” A lovely turn of phrase!!

13 Likes

Her voters knew she was bisexual but not two-faced.

It now seems very obvious that she was running on lowering drug prices and going green with energy in order to get big Pharma and Big Oil and Coal to bribe her to vote against that stuff.

She’s reprehensible to the nth degree.

32 Likes

Sinema: “Thanks for calling me incredible. That’s so sweet of you.”

12 Likes

She wants the bipartisan bill to pass more than anything. Use it as leverage. She considers it “her” bill.

9 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/10/12/democrats-negotiate-drug-prices-medicare/

2 Likes

It’s really simple. Sin-enema is a fruitcake. Just look at how she’s always trying to get noticed with those loud clothes. It’s not “mysterious” even though she’d love that title. Sin-enema is a James Trafficant in drag. Someone needs to beam her up to the mother ship.

11 Likes

it rhymes!!!

2 Likes

If it was possible to write a line item for “craven attention seeking” into a piece of legislation, that would probably fulfill Sinema’s agenda.

It has become clear that she either doesn’t want her demands to go public (perhaps having something to do with pure self interest), or she is just fixated on the attention that she enjoys by being randomly self-serving, or likely, both. Either way, the Democratic Party would be wise to find someone more principled and sane to run against her in the next primary.

18 Likes

Which will be 2024.

6 Likes

Ditto

This is the best analysis I’ve seen yet of her motivations. It pairs with mine. I cannot come up with any other explanation.

4 Likes

Unfortunately. Would that it was NOW. Because the damage she is causing will be irreparable by then.

2 Likes

“I’m not going to share with you or with Schumer or with Pelosi,” she reportedly told a Democratic senator recently. “I have already told the White House what I am willing to do and what I’m not willing to do. I’m not mysterious. It’s not that I can’t make up my mind. I communicated it to them in detail. They just don’t like what they’re hearing.”

Is anyone else reading this is as she can’t stand up for herself? She’s made her position, her requirements known to Biden and the WH but won’t talk to colleagues while items are being negotiated. It appears to me that she wants Biden to be responsible for trimming $s or length of time.
Plus is this the first time that Schumer and Pelosi have heard this?

5 Likes