The Insurrectionists Still 100% Control The House

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1475119
2 Likes

Introducing Perry. Named after: Meow-thew Perry, Kitty Perry, Lee “Scratch” Perry, Steve (Screech) Perry, heck, all the Perrys! The real reason he’s named Perry is he’s got a tremendous “pair” which will have to be dealt with soon. The next door neighbors essentially have a cat factory. Every now and then one striking individual captures my heart and Perry is the latest.

75 Likes

Trump says he would be a dictator only on ‘day one’ of second term (yahoo.com)

During a Fox News town hall Tuesday, former President Trump responded to a question from host Sean Hannity if he would abuse his power if elected to a second term. Trump said he would be a dictator only on day one.

“Except for Day One,” Trump responded, repeating the phrase.

Asked for clarification, Trump said, “I want to close the border, and I want to drill, drill, drill.”

Moments later, Trump doubled down on his comments.

“I love this guy,” Trump said, referring to Hannity. “He says, ‘You’re not going to be a dictator, are you?’ I said: ‘No, no, no. Other than Day One.’ We’re closing the border, and we’re drilling, drilling, drilling. After that, I’m not a dictator.”

45 Likes

President Biden , on his re-election campaign: “If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running.”

Well he’s done a heck of a job preparing someone else to take over.

Does this mean if Trump loses the nomination he will back out? If so his failure to allow any discussion of other Democratic candidates doesn’t help much.

3 Likes

Does Johnson not know the DOJ has had all the raw footage of the attack for years?

52 Likes

MorninG PUPPY

50 Likes

Trump ain’t losing the nomination, you gimlet.

9 Likes

Dictator on day one is still a dictator

37 Likes

Apparently, Americans really are that stupid.

17 Likes

66 Likes

Yes humanity as an IQ rule are stupid as half fall below mid-range on the curve
Some even actively seek to be stupid as in “owning the libs”

28 Likes

Poor X Anything for a buck

Earn on X

If eligible, you can receive a share of ads revenue just by posting on X. You must be subscribed to X Premium.

Subscribe today

12 Likes

I guess we should be grateful, yesterday I read Putin was on their short list of 3 nominees

43 Likes

Put me down for a stupid American since I don’t know any Taylor Swift lyrics./s

37 Likes

I’m a bed-wetter like the rest of them but it’s just really hard to ignore the reality that this sort of doomgloom gets so much attention for the NYT (and any other outlet).

21 Likes

He is worried about all the amateur sleuths!

20 Likes

Yes, I believe the tactic has been used many times in history. “Just grant me extraordinary powers for a short while, then I’ll give them back”

58 Likes

t

See new posts

Conversation

Chuck Schumer

@SenSchumer

Rep. Massie, you’re a sitting Member of Congress. This is antisemitic, disgusting, dangerous, and exactly the type of thing I was talking about in my Senate address. Take this down.

Thomas Massie

@RepThomasMassie

·

21h

21 Likes

…the florid paeans of sycophants,
:+1:

10 Likes

DFG is demented.

31 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available