The House GOP Slo-Mo Trainwreck Enters Its Third Week

A lot of things happened. Here are some of the things. This is TPM’s Morning Memo. Sign up for the email version.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1471450
2 Likes

First. I don’t expect we’ll have a Speaker today. Jordan doesn’t seem to be bent on the marathon that McCarthy conducted. That’s how he ended up being hamstrung.

33 Likes

Damn. TPM is early today.

9 Likes

Birds of a feather
Tucker Carlson’s online media company just raised $15 million in seed capital (msn.com).
Tucker Carlson’s new media company has found a backer.

Omeed Malik, through his newly launched 1789 Capital boutique investment company, has invested $15 million in seed capital into Last Country, the startup founded by Carlson and Neil Patel, according to The Wall Street Journal .

The venture will ultimately be subscription-driven, but is currently building an audience with videos featuring Carlson streamed on Twitter, including a high-profile one with Donald Trump that ran at the same time as the first Republican candidate’s debate.

18 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Fox News hosts urge GOP to elect speaker so Biden will look ‘weak’ - Alternet.org

30 Likes

The Morning Puppy!

Cone came off today!

69 Likes

Soooo… I’m about to totter off to bed, and I’ll own I’m pretty damned tired, but—and I ask this with absolutely all and absolutely sincere apologies to Andy Serkis, but… am I the only one who gets a serious Gollum vibe off Jordan in that image?

96 Likes

When everyone in the room says you are drunk, sit down!

13 Likes

Yay!!! No more cone of shame for puppy!!!
Happy days are here again (music).

23 Likes

I’m seeing Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels:

31 Likes

You are not alone

30 Likes

You are not. That photo captures it perfectly.

23 Likes

And here’s the latest set of GOP Tricks to rig elections via gerrymandering and stopping lawsuits.

44 Likes

Is that the queue to get into the House Men’s Room?

8 Likes

He was full spaZ wheN it caMe off. 20 minutes of zoomies, scaling screen doors, wrestling with mom.

38 Likes

Hat tip to TPM for trying to follow a “process” with no rules, no playbook, and everyone hates each other. You are better people than I.

30 Likes

Meanwhile in Pennsylvania…

34 Likes

And let’s take a peep at what’s going on with Senate Republicans!

35 Likes

Sigh.

7 Likes

So does this mean Tucker is going to have to put on his reporter’s hat?

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available