Text Messages Show Top Trump Campaign Fundraiser’s Key Role Planning The Rally That Preceded The Siege

This article was originally published in ProPublica, a Pulitzer Prize-winning investigative newsroom. Sign up for The Big Story newsletter to receive stories like this one in your inbox.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1357654

Subpoena Wren, and the rest of the conspirators to insurrection and capital murder.

36 Likes

I think they should have kicked the impeachment trial to June because tons of even more damaging evidence will surface.

12 Likes

Surprise surprise

3 Likes

Wow, the sedition and conspiracy hits just keep coming.

Too bad the GOP lives in a Quirky alternate reality.

21 Likes

Is she the woman in pink that they were looking for?

4 Likes

Seriously doubt it, her job is to rally the rubes to do her dirty work, not to sully her own hands

4 Likes

Dolores Umbridge?

7 Likes

Worse than Voldemort–that sadistic teacher we all once had.

1 Like

21 Likes

Let’s see the defense for the organizers - “I thought it was going to be a peaceful rally.”

And for the Donald - “I never explicitly told them to hang Mike Pence or shoot Nancy.”

And for the rioters - “We were only following orders.”

23 Likes

These geniuses planned an attack to over throw our Government with no backup plan.
Maybe their loyal troops did not understand, or were not intelligent enough to understand, they will being used since no pardons were issued.
Trump Inc did their their finest work, another failure.

8 Likes

Let’s dispose of impeachment ASAP, and await the blossoming of criminal indictments in the spring.

15 Likes

Argee, It does not matter how much evidence is presented. You will get the same response

23 Likes

I’m still trying to wrap my head around how in the world these people ‘thought’ they were patriots or did they just go with the ‘victim’ defense…‘My actions are defensible because all those moochers were trying to steal from me!’

9 Likes

Nixon used the term Pink Lady as a red baiting slur when he ran for and won his senate seat.

7 Likes

Former president Donald Trump’s new political action committee raised $31.5 million in the weeks after Election Day through a flurry of fundraising appeals purporting to fight election fraud and help Republicans maintain their majority in the Senate, new filings show.

But by Jan. 1 — two weeks after the electoral college certified President-elect Joe Biden’s victory and days before the two Senate elections in Georgia that tipped control of the chamber to Democrats — he spent no money on either endeavor, according to disclosures made public Sunday evening.

Instead, Trump had held on to the majority of that money in the coffers of Save America, his new leadership PAC, which carries few restrictions on how the money can be spent and can now be used to finance his post-presidential political career.

21 Likes

Love to see some of this spin off into areas of interest to Letitia James and Cy Vance.

Then again, their plates are probably overflowing already.

5 Likes

It looks like buttery text messages could do her in.

2 Likes

This piece of garbage should never be allowed to show her face in the city again.

2 Likes