Stephen Miller Falsely Claims Voter Identity Is Not Confirmed For Mail-In Ballots | Talking Points Memo

Ghoul, from Arabic ġūl , a desert demon believed to rob graves and devour corpses.

Stephen Miller looks like he devours other ghouls, in order to get more corpses, and pre-digested ones.

14 Likes

What is amazing to me is Uberfuhrer Miller doesn’t realize that a very large percentage of people who vote by mail completely understand the process. That leads to some questions. Who is he trying to convince not to vote by mail? Republicans many of whom are like Trump and already vote by mail? Does he want his senior citizen voters not to vote? The press who also vote by mail? Democrats who won’t hear him?

I can can only conclude that he is addressing an audience of one – Donald J. Trump.

8 Likes

A) If Stephen “Eichmann” Miller says it, it’s a LIE.
B) "The President brought attention to catastrophic problem of universal mail-in ballots,” There is NO SUCH THING as “Universal mail-in ballots”. They don’t exist. Each state determines how they do their “Absentee Ballots” (as that is what ALL “mail-in” ballots are.) No one is proposing “Universal Mail-In Ballots”. NOBODY.
C) Racist Asshole Idiot says what to placate his Racist Asshole Idiot boss?

9 Likes

This is nothing to be surprised about. Outraged, yes, but not naively so. Let’s keep in mind that a cornered wild fascist animal will say and do anything, anything to avoid the impending outcome that seems more and more likely. And that is what makes these animals - Miller, Barr, Flynn, Stone, Wolf, Agent Orange and let’s throw in the McTurtle too - so freaking, freaking dangerous. It is necessary to out them and confront their sh%* openly and at every turn until Jan 21 (hopefully, and maybe a little beyond that will be necessary as well).

8 Likes

This is about voting, but even more so about changing the subject from a catastrophic and unprecedented economic report documenting a 33% quarterly year over year decline in GDP.

The economy had been Trump’s main argument for re-election, and now that’s gone. Not enough attention has been brought to this, in my view, because of Trump’s attempt to change the subject the past couple of days by talking about moving Election Day or hydroxychloroquine or some other nonsense.

10 Likes

I agree that most voters probably know this, but I give the little weasel credit for knowing Trump’s base. He’s talking to people in swing states with very limited mail voting options, where everyone is used to going to the polls and don’t know how other states do it.

I remember being a little shocked myself after moving to WA when they moved to full vote by mail. Hey, this works! It helps to experience a working system so you know it’s solid.

As a strategy to win the election, I agree this won’t work. Even Red state governments are pushing back on the WH fear campaign, saying their elections won’t be fraudulent. It’s just a sign of how desperate Trump’s minions are getting. Trying to stoke fear is all they have left, on multiple fronts.

10 Likes

Of course, Trump and his Aryan gang are doing what the always do, manipulate the data.

9 Likes

Yes, Stephen Miller is a catastrophically bigoted idiot.

5 Likes

Powerful, strong, big secret energy, like nobody’s ever seen before.

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

@PeterAlexander

: We heard your frustrations with how long it takes to count ballots. So why not spend more energy to provide states with additional funding for elections? TRUMP: “Peter, you know nothing about my energy … listen, you know nothing about what I do.”

13 Likes
5 Likes

It it is written. Somewhere. In books. I don’t where the books are. Let me explain.

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1

·

8m

TRUMP: You know there are those that say, you can test too much you do know that. SWAN: Who says that? TRUMP: Oh, just read the manuals read the books. SWAN: Manuals? What manuals? TRUMP: Read the books. Read the books. SWAN: What books? TRUMP: Wait a minute. Let me explain.

16 Likes

someone ought to propose absolutely NO mail in ballots in states with in person voting, watch heads spin trying to justify

1 Like

I think that would be perfect and I’d truly love it if someone would do that. I would.

6 Likes

"White House senior adviser Stephen Miller spewed some mistruths . . . "

That’s all you really needed to say. It seems he does little else when called upon. He strikes me as being the personification of the term “tool” (and, really, quite a few less flattering terms that I can think of).

6 Likes

While in a press briefing later on Thursday the President tried to walk back the tweet

ummmmmmm

5 Likes

It is all becoming visible. He can’t hide it anymore, it boils out of his ears at this point.

`

As someone who’s
covered a lot of one-sided football games in my career, these are
unmistakably the words of someone who knows he’s already lost. https://t.co/Gsr0HXgXB4

Matt Scalici (@MattScalici) July
31, 2020
`
15 Likes

TPM is tying itself up in lexical knots to avoid using the word “lie”.

We are well past the point at which you can make charitable assumptions about Stephen Miller’s intent. I know his intent. You know his intent. We all know his intent.

When you refuse to call a lie a lie (and actually use the word) you give Miller a gloss of respectability and a deference he has not earned.

-SG

17 Likes

He’s giving Ra’s al Ghul a run for the money.

3 Likes

The Jewish Goebbels.

2 Likes

When the statement of falsity has been debunked by the evidence and continues to be repeated by the offender it becomes definitially a lie. If I claim that Burkina Faso is in S. America and Mrs Von Holst shows me that it is in fact an African country and I continue to claim that it is in SA, I am lying. Stephen Miller and Trump lie. All the time.

14 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available