‘Standard Operating Procedure’: Trump Tries To Bury DA’s First Witness Under Heap Of Cynicism - TPM – Talking Points Memo

I think he starts many of his days that way already. But, by all means, keep the pressure on.

7 Likes

It’s the crude facts of life for many New Yorkers, he suggests: sometimes it’s dirty, but that doesn’t mean it’s a crime.

“And, listen, use your common sense,” Blanche told a panel of jurors that includes corporate attorneys and finance professionals. “We’re New Yorkers. That’s why we’re here.”

Well, if they’re New Yorkers, what are we in the rest of the country? Chopped Liver??

Is that some kind of exemption or excuse he’s allowed to have? Like some kind of mulligan for bad behavior? I’m not sure what any of that is supposed to mean.

Sorry…Doesn’t pass the smell test. He was running for the highest office in the country. New York was just his staged backdrop, just like those advertised paid actors who were told to show up the day he came down that stupid escalator with Mel.

He was going to be the main exhibit and he didn’t want anyone to muck that up for him. Period. Those women made that difficult for him, so he simply spent a ton of energy keeping the whole thing under wraps so as not to interfere with the election.

Meanwhile we got this bombardment of shit instead from his little helpers over at the Enquirer, that was in every grocery store checkout lane as well even if you didn’t read that pile of bullshit.

439451931_10161079964167068_3360088065655891172_n1

22 Likes

So Biden should shoot and kill Tramp and his criminal cabal, if broad and complete presidential immunity holds.

Problem solved.

QED.

Maybe 6 Justices should be added to the slaughter.

7 Likes

I was once offered the opportunity to sign a nondisclosure agreement in order to settle a civil suit. Before I signed the NDA, I made sure to share those things that the NDA prohibited me from discussing with whoever I thought might be interested in them.

26 Likes

"Trump tells me that it’s actually 63 of 50 Republican Senators. And I agree with him."

13 Likes

Yep…this “obfuscation, delay, bluster, muddying the waters” is a terrible strategy if you ask me. They’re going to see right thru it and tune it out.

10 Likes

Wrong standard. The goal here is to win over just one juror to obtain a mistrial. And the best defense strategy is always the best one that is available to you.

23 Likes

Everyone walks into banks. But, most of them don’t walk in with a gun and demand money.

18 Likes

Not all self-dealing, corrupt behaviors are against the law. But when they are, they are crimes.

18 Likes

25 Likes

I especially like that part after the QED.

2 Likes

No. It’s quite meaningless with a jury. It reveals the weakness of Trump’s defense.

7 Likes

Certainly looks like illegal campaign financing…

7 Likes

They won’t make a ruling for immunity until after Biden is out of the White House.

1 Like

It does to me too.

2 Likes

Perfect!

2 Likes

And yet only one person is sitting there in the courtroom who became The President of the United States by using

So I wonder how the jurors will ultimately feel about being tarred with that same brush?

11 Likes

And the defendant and his lawyers have that in abundance.

6 Likes

You seem to have misspelled gub.

8 Likes

You’re no fub.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available