Space Invaders on the MAIN BOARD!

It's to be expected that TPM's main board will be a goat rope in the coming months but is TPM being worked in advance, like now?

Do Primate's give a flying F?

IT'S CONSPIRACY THEORY TIME :hankey:

If someone on TPM wanted to do there darndest to disrupt here all they'd really have to do in this day and age would be link TPM articles to drudge, deadbart, etc and it'd be GAME ON! invasion of the zombie egg people

What to do?

For me it could be as simple as disconnecting my router.

People must quit feeding the trolls. The only way to kill them is to starve them.

4 Likes

Yep.

We can manage this inside the paywall. Out on the main boards it's a goat rodeo.

No goats but still applicable .

3 Likes

I agree, though I have yet to see people resist the urge successfully here inside the paywall yet with just a bare number of people to avoid.

1 Like

Some people. There are many behind the paywall that have successfully resisted the urge... but in their silence they become invisible so you wouldn't notice it.

BTW, I almost never visit the main boards anyway. Even among friendlies the conversation is weak - although the humor can be quite witty at times.

2 Likes

I swear to dog that some of the people posting there write for late night talk shows. Some of the comments there are pretty damn acute and damned hilarious when taken in context.

5 Likes

Of course, I didn't mean "every single person" when I referred to people. Sometimes I have the urge to make a post to ask people to skip a thread/post, but I don't because then I would be doing the exact thing I'm advocating against, which seems counter productive at best, and hypocritical at worst. I also recognize that everyone is more than capable of making their own decisions, and if some people want to engage with people looking to provoke a reaction, that's their right.

I agree. The main board discussions aren't a fraction as thoughtful as the ones here are, in my opinion. Some of the comments are, however, very funny/witty/pointed, which I enjoy. Usually seeing the 'top comments' is worth it.

2 Likes

That is the sweet spot, those at the start of the discussion. Down-thread can get pretty sketchy.

Feel free to do it here

2 Likes

I saw that thread last night, it's a great idea. Thanks!!

Or if only there was an "ignore/hide poster" feature. That really works well, as everyone starting essentially hiding everything they post and they just disappear....

2 Likes

Some people. There are many behind the paywall that have successfully resisted the urge... but in their silence they become invisible so you wouldn't notice it.

2 Likes

I am like the willow, grasshopper.....

1 Like