Sicknick’s Mother And Partner Try To Change GOPers Minds On Commission | Talking Points Memo

The mother and partner of Brian Sicknick, a Capitol police officer who died after the insurrection, on Thursday made the rounds on Capitol Hill, urging Republican senators to support the Jan. 6 commission.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1375664

Bless these two for trying but I am afraid they are going to be sadly disappointed…

And I think it is really disgusting that a bunch of GQPers were too chickenshit to look his mother in the face. They know their cowardice all too well.

34 Likes

According to CNN, several other senators offered to have their staffers meet with her, including Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) and Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Ben Sasse (R-NE), John Thune (R-SD), Rick Scott (R-FL), John Cornyn (R-TX) and Kevin Cramer (R-ND). It is unclear whether Sicknick will meet with the staffers.

Revolting cowards.

35 Likes

“They sit and listen very well, but bottom line is, we don’t know” how the vote will go, Sicknick said, according to CNN

Pretending to listen isn’t very hard. Most children master it at a very young age. Knowing how the vote will go is also pretty easy to deduce once you understand that they really just don’t give a fuck.

ETA As if you needed one, here’s the perfect example of Rethugliklans’ ability to listen and care.

17 Likes

Revolting is too weak.

17 Likes

Sociopaths, cowards, call them what you will, but the GOP doesn’t give one fuck about people. The sooner we recognize that, the sooner we can make this a better world.

15 Likes

After Republicans shoot it down, the Democrats should say we’re opening an investigation to honor the memory of Brian Sicknick.

In fact, the Brian Sicknick Memorial 1/6 Commission has quite the ring to it. Let’s make them say his name, over and over and over again.

28 Likes

That’s a very good idea - I like that a lot.

14 Likes

McConnell has asked wavering senators to support filibustering the bill as “a personal favor” to him.

… “a personal favor” to him ???

in other words … tell this Mother …

to take her concerns, tears, thoughts and feelings and shove it - because it makes Moscow Mitch uncomfortable to have to revisit the subject …

20 Likes

Today’s GOP In Two Words: “Cop Killers”.

(And the sooner 2022 election narratives start screaming it, the better.)

27 Likes
25 Likes

They need to move on to more pressing issues, like election integrity.

3 Likes

It’s my understanding that when this bill fails Pelosi can simply name an independent commission to investigate. The major bonus of her doing that is that it would have subpoena powers, which it could issue to anyone.

If I had my druthers, I would rather see that than a bogus bipartisan photo-op-fest. Enough with the kabuki!

26 Likes

Most of those pieces of utter shit (POUS) who wouldn’t meet with her are not up for reelection, I notice. None of them would’ve probably met with her if not for the midterms.

3 Likes

… when it comes to January 6th & Brian Sicknick -
wow - just WOW - the GOP becomes very vocal advocates of “Don’t Ask - Don’t Tell”

5 Likes

On Tucker Carlson tonight, a couple two-bit wh**es bother Republicans. Tune in!!

He knows what it will expose within the Republican Party. Party loyalty and the love of power cannot be shamed. They are invulnerable to normal human values.

3 Likes

Whoever she names to such a commission must have impeccable credentials. recognized stature and unassailable morality.

3 Likes

If these people knew shame, they would be different people doing different things.

14 Likes

Ashli Babbit is now the right wing version of “free Mumia”. A few folks said after she was killed that they would turn her into a martyr like they did with Randy Weavers wife after the 1992 Ruby Ridge standoff.

1 Like