‘She’s Gonna Disappear’: GOP Congressional Contender Spoke About Having Opponent Killed | Talking Points Memo

In a secretly recorded phone call last week, one Florida Republican congressional contender spoke openly about having another assassinated. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378085
1 Like

He was referring to a primary opponent in the race, Anna Paulina Luna, who’s since taken out a restraining order against him.

Everybody stand back and let 2nd amendment solutions work things out. That’s how we do things in this country, right?

55 Likes

Does anyone at this point need further evidence that the Republican party is nothing more than a treasonous tool of Kremlin foreign policy?

63 Likes

He seems nice.

16 Likes

“A humble servant of god”

Which god would that be?

41 Likes

Clearly Braddock has not retained the services of the usual florida gop consultants. If he had, instead of death threats, there would be a neophyte 3rd candidate named “Annie Lunha” that no one has heard of yet somehow has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend on direct mailers and robocalls. This 3rd candidate won’t do any campaign appearances, but will split off some of Anna Luna’s vote.

Sounds like hyperbole, but that has been standard operating procedure in florida races for the past several years.

54 Likes

Probably one of the aztec ones.

33 Likes

Looks like all R politics now has to come with DEATH on the ticket. Part of the platform.

Sir, Sir, just one question: Whom will you kill? I believe our readers haven’t heard yet from you on Who Must Die in your literature and statements.

16 Likes

I don’t think I want him for a neighbor.

21 Likes

“""“And you cannot tell anybody that, but for the good of our country, we have to sacrifice the few,” Braddock added.”"""

We have arrived.

39 Likes

Uh oh ! Looks like BoBo & MT are gonna have to up their game.

16 Likes

true>>This is a dirty political tactic that has caused a lot of people a lot of stress and is completely unnecessary,” Braddock said.

satire>>This would have been resolved and the press could have moved onto the next amusing story about Florida Man and his zany antics. But my opponent refused to die, as any decent woman would, to show her devotion to the God of the Old Testament.

5 Likes

“I’m not just blowing smoke here, I’m fucking being dead-ass serious, and it scares the shit out of me too,” Braddock added. “This is even scaring me at this point. But I know what I’m doing is noble and I’m just trying to remain a humble servant of god, and I’ve got a lot of people behind me.”

He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That said, I can’t help but laugh. This is the kind of bullshit these guys pull out of their asses to both impress and intimidate women into getting involved with them. It’s meant to scare the shit out of you while also telling you how big and bad and powerful he is. It’s the most pathetic trick in the book.

65 Likes

“Humble servant of god” :laughing:

Seems nice.

7 Likes

Florida Man and the GQP. You can smell the bat-shit crazy from half a world away.

31 Likes

“Which God would that be?”

Moloch

28 Likes

Millions, nationwide, having this same conversation after a few beers. There it is.

5 Likes

The trouble with overlooking the insurrectionists within your party is that they will eventually turn on you.

34 Likes

You left out the part about hiring hookers, billed as ‘lunch’ or ‘educational services’.

12 Likes

He later said that “Freemason brothers” were offering him access to Russian hit squads.

Dear God, not the Freemasons!

35 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available