Sessions’ Biggest Obstacle To Running For Senate? Trump.

Jeff Sessions is mulling jumping into the crowded race to strip Sen. Doug Jones (D-AL) of his Senate seat. Too bad the party’s standard bearer is not his biggest fan.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1258687

Why won’t these old fucking dinosaurs* just go away and quit fucking up our government.

*Disclaimer: I’m 67.

17 Likes

Once a Trumptard always a Trumptard.
Sessions will love Trump no matter what is said.
Trumptard’s seem to love pain handed out by America’s Greatest Sissy.

1 Like

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
and Power

6 Likes

I am not sure he runs. It IS a crowded field; the republicans are going all out, including Auburn’s ex-coach, to take out Moore, and then defeat Jones.

Jones really only has a shot if Moore wins again, which is looking extremely doubtful.

4 Likes

"Trump is extremely popular in Alabama, a state which he won by over 60 percent in 2016.

I hate to nitpick here, but Trump didn’t win Alabama “by over 60%” in 2016. He received 60% of the state’s popular vote, Clinton got 34.3%. Trump’s margin of victory, expressed as a percentage correlating to his margin over Clinton, isn’t 60%.

12 Likes

You never had to leave the Senate, Jeff. You decided to touch the stove. The burns are unrecoverable. The scars last forever. You can never un-touch the stove. Sad.

16 Likes

Tough darts, Jeff.

все Трамп касается умирает.

Roy Moore would be a great 3rd party candidate

10 Likes

He’s 72 and he doesn’t automatically have seniority. We will know how desperate Moscow Mitch is if a deal is offered to restore Sessions seniority if the Party of Putin retains its majority, should Jeff take the plunge.

5 Likes

The Elf on the Shelf is back? The holiday season must be right around the corner.

8 Likes

Rick Wilson wrote a book about this. I think it called, Everything Trump Touches Dies

7 Likes

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m savoring these precious years reading “D-AL”

12 Likes

Jeff Sessions should recuse himself…from life in general.

5 Likes
4 Likes

That’s not a disclaimer. It’s a claimer. You got it, flaunt it.

3 Likes

Is it ironic that the only notable worthwhile thing that Jefferey Beauregard Sessions III did in his entire political career was recuse himself from the Mueller investigation, and that is the thing that cost him favor with his political hero? I could almost have a feeling for him if he wasn’t a lifelong scumball racist who has spent all of his power trying to undo civil rights.

21 Likes

Sweet freaking home Alabama, where the sky is red and the ground is soaked with the blood of murdered slaves and African American freedmen and women.

I’m sorry but I had some association with that state and I just can’t stand the place.

11 Likes

I don’t think McConnell is feeling desperate about AL. He just needs to make sure its anybody but Moore. The real question is, what is Trump willing to give up in order for McConnell to squash a Sessions run before it starts? Because he can make that happen.

But I would be surprised if they didn’t restore his seniority, if he does decide to run and goes on to win.

1 Like

Pretty sure Alabama Republicans will be able to vote for Trump and Sessions without batting an eye. Not a problem.

4 Likes