Senate Democrats Aim To Protect Child Tax Credit In Case Of 2022 GOP Takeover | Talking Points Memo

Which two do you suggest we focus on?

John Fetterman has a better than good chance of taking over Pat Toomey’s seat in Pennsylvania.

8 Likes

Especially if they just forgo the voting bit and just have the candidates settle it in the ring.

5 Likes

I suggest we focus on all of them.

4 Likes

godwit makes a point, but at the same time I have watched the Democratic Reps just struggle so much to get out a strong sentence when someone asks them questions, and it’s tremendously annoying.

I know the Goppers have been training in their Hitler Youth College Clubs in the Lee Atwater method but jeebus Dems, get off the effing stick. This is serious shit coming down the pike NOW, not 2 or 4 years from now.

Like they say after the two minute warning, I don’t get a sense of urgency that should be evident as the plod up to the line of scrimmage.

I think Liz Warren would kick Scott Brown’s butt.

4 Likes

Man, this is a dumb thing to be fighting over at this point in our planet’s manmade and ongoing ecological disaster.

2 Likes

A stunning discovery for me in this process was how completely our government is at the mercy of incumbent hydrocarbon producers. Carbon tax design is a big deal elsewhere, even China. Coal-fucking-burning China. And the offshoring of first-world emissions to developing countries is discussed actively in other developed countries, e.g Europe. This is hardly inside baseball as embodied emissions in imports account for nearly a third of the US carbon footprint. I have one question for Manchin and SInema: What is the price of carbon?

2 Likes

Imagine if there were Corporate welfare benefits that cut off at 60K or 150K. The outcry would be deafening.

3 Likes

People don’t see and compare themselves with corporations in nearly the same way as they do with other people.

If they’re not getting a check and the neighbor with the nice place down the street with the Mercedes parked in the driveway is, you’re going to end up with a lot of pissed-off people out there.

2 Likes

The issue appears to be that the house and Mercedes down the street most likely have two incomes, and not really the children at all. Down the street from most Americans are people who have been cheated out of the fruits of their labor and are struggling for necessities. It’s been that way for decades.

Maybe the problem is that not enough of them talk this way. And of course the tilt of the “liberal” media that is in fact usually operating on assumptions that benefit the GOP.

1 Like

Make DAMN SURE Republicans get painted as the Anti-Democratic, Obstructionist, Anti-American, Anti-Women and Minorities Party of Trump Cultists. And throw in Joe Manchin and Kirsten Sinema as Republican Obstructionists.

IT’S ALL ABOUT MESSAGING PEOPLE!!!

1 Like

the ‘vote’ is the one entitlement people are really 'entitled to…IMO; it is more important than all the welfare issues politicians come up with…i will say SS is close…like enlisting in the Military,SS is a contract with the Government and some of the current recipients did what they agreed to do…it was when the Democrats[?] added all these other entities, to SS that it ran into problems…without the ‘vote’, nothing else matters much,

Well, There’s still the Senate to get the bills through and McConnell is sure as pigs love shit gonna use the filibuster on 'em. So whatever we hear from “reconciliation” or any other sort of democrat inspired legislation, the goobers will find a way to fuck the whole process. How bad is it? Well, there could be a bit in the bill that sends each Goober member $50 billion into their campaign fund (politicians think first of reelection) and if that bill is a democrat bill they will vote against it. That is how toxic this is.
Now I wish both sides could be grown ups but it just isn’t that way anymore.

That’s the lazy MSM narrative. They’re lemmings, cribbing from yesterday’s story to write today’s. Can’t upend the agreed-upon narrative. That would require courage.

Fortunately everybody in Washington, D.C., is not EVERYBODY. I for one don’t believe losing the House is inevitable.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available