Sen. Casey Says Cruz And Hawley Should ‘At Minimum’ Be Censured For Role In Riot | Talking Points Memo

Democratic Sen. Bob Casey (PA) said on Monday night that Republican Sens. Ted Cruz (TX) and Josh Hawley (MO) should at the very least be censured for their efforts to undermine democracy that culminated in a deadly riot on the U.S. Capitol last month. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359032

“At a bare minimum there should be a censure of both of those senators,” [Casey] said.

Well, he’s right.

24 Likes

Yes…but but but Mike Lee told us this morning that ‘EVERYONE makes a mistake. They should get a mulligan!’…

9 Likes

Move on. Of course. There‘a a Benghazi hearing somewhere they need to get to.

30 Likes

“I think at a minimum — at a minimum — there should be censure,” Casey told CNN’s Don Lemon…

Is tarring-and-feathering still a thing?

(Asking for an asphalt and poultry vendor.)

31 Likes

I think they should recuse themselves from the trial. But they won’t.

11 Likes

“It’s time to move on and focus on helping people get back to work, helping people beat this global pandemic, bringing America back to where we should be, not these partisan games the Democrats are playing,” he said.

I have to admit he still has “it” - and by “it” I mean the ability to lie with such impunity it makes my ears bleed with rage.

10 Likes

WSJ Editorial today had the farcical sub-headline today: Democrats are happy to throw over any rule, custom or convention that gets in their way.

Of course, there was NEVER such a headline saying Trump is happy to throw over any rule, custom or convention that gets in his way.

Seems that the WSJ Editorial Page is merely FOX News for stupid people with money.

31 Likes

Maybe you should … move out of Arizona?

1 Like

…because they lack a comics page

16 Likes

Why, yes, it is.

If by “stupid” we also include people who like to see only their own thoughts and wishes in print.

9 Likes

I disagree. At a minimum they should be thrown out of the Senate and prosecuted for insurrection.

But I am looking forward to these two love birds having an acrimonious split in about 3 years in an event known as the “Iowa Caucuses”. I would not be surprised if Marjorie Taylor Greene and others join them in pandering to the deplorable vote by tearing each other up. “Lying Ted” because of his experience is likely the favorite but the way he and his ugly wife and father who was responsible for the assassination of JFK, my money is not on Ted.

13 Likes

You’re a tough crowd!

1 Like

Less than three weeks out from inauguration day and he’s already yearning for a return to the glory years of Twice Impeached and the partisan games the GOP plays.

5 Likes

Those two did not make a mistake.
They thought they were going to part of the New Trump Order had the riot succeed.
If not they would plead move on.

15 Likes

I’d like to know the maximum before I decide on the minimum. I do have something in mind.

7 Likes

As we all know, the winners write the history and as we also know, Trump won, but had the election stolen by baby-eating Satanists funded by George Soros and the Chinese government’s Jewish Lasers. Cruz and Hawley are on the winning side and are perfectly justified in insisting that their version of things is the correct one and that the other 7-billion-plus people on the planet are wrong.

6 Likes

I’m available to do some “feather-dusting,” if needed.

9 Likes

These two Komsomol would wear censure by a Democratically-controlled Senate as a merit badge.

3 Likes

“Feather dusting”

I’d be down with that.

10 Likes