SCOTUS Shoots Down TX Election Reversal Gambit Praised By Trump As ‘The Big One’ | Talking Points Memo

Texas’ unhinged bid to overturn the election results in four battleground states will end not in a bang, but a whimper.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348924
2 Likes

63 Likes

“Hail to the Chief” becomes “Sad Trombone.”

127 Likes

”The order is the latest defeat President Trump’s allies have suffered in court in their attempts to muck up Joe Biden electoral victory.”

Trump’s now lost the Presidency more times than Harold Stassen.

(G-d, I’m old.)

165 Likes

Yes! Sadly, the damage has already been done, though.

32 Likes

U know why i can’t quickly look, but how many weeks til 1/5?

14 Likes

Who’s Supreme Court? tRump’s Supreme Court. Why is this just so f’ing delicious!

34 Likes

74 Likes

“not demonstrated a judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another State conducts its elections.”

I hate to say this, but that statement above is about as sexy as I’ve ever heard!

Lordy!

65 Likes

The lifespan of the Big One: cradle to grave in less than half a Scaramucci.

That’s a short-lived Big One!

108 Likes

Womp! Womp!

38 Likes

So, this is Melanoma’s cue to runnoft?

25 Likes

no pardon for Paxton. bedtime for Bonzo. this guy’s such a prick he’s caught stealing his colleague’s $1000 pen on cctv and denies it.
indicted 5 years ago still fighting off trial.

67 Likes

In other (unsurprising) news:

An investigation from the independent government watchdog that oversees the Department of Veterans Affairs concluded Thursday that a Republican member of Congress was involved in an orchestrated campaign by V.A. Secretary Robert Wilkie to disparage the reputation of a female veteran who alleged she was sexually assaulted at a V.A. facility.

The 68-page report from the V.A. Office of Inspector General (OIG) stated that three witnesses said Wilkie informed them that Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) gave him information about the female veteran that could erode her credibility. Crenshaw, a former Navy SEAL, served in the same unit as the female veteran, Andrea Goldstein.

In addition to suggesting a sitting member of Congress funneled potentially harmful and false information to the V.A. secretary amid an endeavor to discredit a sexual assault survivor’s allegation, the report detailed the V.A.'s improper handling of the incident.

V.A. Inspector General Michael Missal characterized the handling of Goldstein’s allegations by Wilkie, an appointee of President Donald Trump, and other senior agency officials as “troubling.”

86 Likes

Been gone all day. What did I miss?

37 Likes

Now can we start celebrating, or will there be yet another idiotic attempt to overturn the election…

50 Likes

After the Supreme Court rejected a similar Pennsylvania lawsuit seeking to disturb those results…

I was happy to hear that, because I believe that those results should forever remain turbed.

28 Likes

88 Likes
25 Likes

Good, now let’s round up everyone behind this cluster fuck, including Trump, and charge them with TREASON!

33 Likes