SCOTUS Puts Judges Smack In The Middle Of The POTUS-Congress Subpoena Fight | Talking Points Memo

https://forums.talkingpointsmemo.com/uploads/default/original/4X/4/6/8/468ff670fad83802ac71bbdbb1c4819eb5fc112d.jpeg

5 Likes

Thanks so much! @jw1 and @nwoldguy

5 Likes

7 Likes

3 Likes

I see you have been shown what he says…great

Franklin was right who knew it would be the Supreme Court that ended our representative democracy

This is far from a win for Trump, who was arguing complete immunity from everything! It puts courts where they are intended to be: resolving disputes about the limits and interpretations of constitutional and statutory provisions. If the court had held courts could not intervene, it effectively would have been depriving the judicial branch of a core power in the balance among the branches. As is true for every branch and every politician and office-holder, giving up authority is never an easy sell. And the outrageousness of Trump’s claims of immunity really allowed the court to easily push back on his his claims.

2 Likes

Get over it, people! There are so many sharp legal minds in this country (many of them on our side of the aisles in Congress) who can follow the follow the clean, clear roadmap Roberts provided to ensure successful pursuit of watertight indictments of this and future Presidents. That’s the win.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/neal_katyal/status/1281257228683620352

My full views on just how much Trump lost today at the Supreme Court today, in under 3 mins! So much winning.

4 Likes

The expedited in the lower courts tweet from Tribe - yes. I made that point elsewhere. This is all about evidence in a criminal proceeding and it’s pretrial and should be expedited.

2 Likes

Barr probably visited her to say goodbye.

That’s a reference to Kayleigh McEnany, right? Alternative reality? Simple?

Thought so.

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this. Tribe has long been one of the most authoritative writers on issues of constitutional law. It has been interesting to see just how annoyed he’s obviously become with Trump and his “conservative” (trans. radical right wing – they ain’t conservative) facilitators since Trump was elected.

2 Likes

Or to set up the details of the body swap…

A perceived “win” or a perceived “loss” for the occupant, the subject will be alive for months; even without him being forced to answer to NY or Congress there are opponents of him and his admin who are going to make it topic one as often as possible. On top of which he’ll be tweeting his grievances and how his feelings are hurt and the unfairness of it all and so on, and then there’s the presumptive nominee talking about the occupant’s tax returns…

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1281232505362952193?s=20

I :heart: Neal Katyal.

2 Likes

A perceived “win” or a perceived “loss” for the occupant, the subject will be alive for months; even without him being forced to answer to NY or Congress there are opponents of him personally and his admin who are going to make it topic one as often as possible. The Lincoln Project for one will have a ball with this as the subject matter.

On top of which he’ll be tweeting his grievances and how his feelings are hurt and the unfairness of it all and so on, so it won’t be out of the public’s eye well past election day.

But there is the Russian … solution.

Not sure I know what you mean unless it has to do with assassination by a Russian agent spiking the Diet Coke.

Grump has a lot on Putin, I suspect.

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available