SCOTUS Denies Trump Bid To Block Jan. 6 Records | Talking Points Memo

Frankly, so would I. Establishing ‘look, this shit’s important, so fuck Trump’ without giving future Republican Congresses carte blanche to go looking into everyone’s everything without any pressing need is probably the best way forward.

Enabling justice without enabling witch hunts, basically.

1 Like

Alter ego liability seems pretty likely.

1 Like

I mean, it’s a Tower of Power tune, of course it cooks.

But hot damn, those girls can cook. Thanks for this. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Can’t they, though? The shamisen has kind of a thin sound, so most of the oomph comes from the rhythm section. And that thumb strumming the bass player does is enormously and irresistibly propulsive, on top of all the other great stuff she does. She lives in the States now, Juna Serita, and she tours, FYI.

1 Like

Yeah, seriously. I’d love to see her doing a bass duet w/Jenny Lee Lindberg of Warpaint.

1 Like

Tal Wilkenfeld comes to mind.

2 Likes

I don’t suppose that Thomas’ vote can be constitutional as making him an accessory after-the-fact in his wife’s active support of multiple acts of sedition?

How about this?

3 Likes

Thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, no co-morbidities. (Note: I always use hopefully incorrectly).

3 Likes

To be fair, that is not a stroke.

2 Likes

Exactly. I’m not a monster, mostly.

Useful idiot, from day one. I told you so. I told you so. Neener, neener.

2 Likes

Long ago, I saw a comedy act in Japan with a Japanese woman in a Geisha costume who sang and played a shamisnen to accompany songs like “Yellow Rose of Texas”.
The comedy came from the discordance between the instrument and the music.
I guess you had to be there.

1 Like

There is/was a fake McDonald’s in City of Industry, CA, built just for commercials.
Has holes in the roof and sides for cameras, etc. Not misleading, but a movie set.

Like Saint Ronnie. You are soooo right.

Whattaguy!

Nothing on her website yet: https://junaserita.com/

100 bonus points for merde-a-lago.

I live outside a rural town. Good idea. We have a fairly robust local newspaper and several local radio stations. Although the publisher of the paper is a more traditional Republican he gives voice to the far right crazies causing more moderate and liberal readers to quit subscribing. They are quitting the Republican Party as well. But we all worry about the radicalization of those remaining. Scary. BTW Obama won our county by a few dozen votes and Biden by over 900. This was unthinkable when we moved here over 20 years ago.

2 Likes

Have a nice day!

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available