SCOTUS Bows To Texas Bid To Annex Immigration Enforcement Away From Feds, For Now - TPM – Talking Points Memo

So now it is stayed? I wish I really understood all this legalese, because sometimes the talking heads on tv just MAKE NO SENSE because they use words I do not understand the full meaning on!

3 Likes

I really mean they don’t mind cruel and capricious outcomes for people that are in a pregnancy crisis OR crossing the border asking for asylum. The migrants aren’t an army attacking anyone, and pregnant women are in medical need. I have less respect for this court as the days go by, and it appears the Three are just as disgusted.

3 Likes

This impact of this madness will not be limited to immigrants. It’s open season on brown people in Texas

4 Likes

i really don’t know what the LAW is on illegal immigration, however, i do get whyTEXAS and other border states are ‘upset’ with the current situation with illlegal immigrants…i wouldn’t be comfortable with masses of 'illegal’people coming to my community, expecting me to feed them and give them shelter… i really do not know what their lives are like in their home country,from what i see onTV, there are thousands of able bodied people demanding asylum., many do not look like they missed many meals;this country can no longer afford to be the do-gooder for the whole world…the world has changed since the CONSTITUTION was composed and became the law of the land…IMO, this country must face the realityof the real world. not the world that existed in the 16-1700s…my ancestors emmigrated to CANADA, way back when…they came by ship, where they were listed on the ships manifests, so ‘whoever’ was totally aware of exactly who was entering the country., IMO; Trumpfs appeal to so many people is he has set himslef up as the guy who can and will correct this problem.

how much does TEXAS contribute in FEDERAL taxes? there are many military bases in Texas, it really would not be practical to withdraw the bases, cut off the federal money., let them go it alone if that is what they want.

2 Likes

The Supreme Court will probably now revisit the Runaway Slave Act. States are complaining.

1 Like

Only just now you “have less respect for this court as the days go by”??!

I’m sorry to say that for those of us who pay attention the Supreme Court forfeited its legitimacy with Bush V Gore, when they installed W as president. They even went so far as to stop counting ballots because the results might irreparably harm Bush - No $h!t. It would likely have revealed Gore actually won.

Just imagine, no W, no Iraq War or ISIS.

But you gotta admit, this is the best court money could buy (at least from the perspective of those who purchased the Republican 6. The results (so far) suggest a huge return on investment.

I’m reminded of Mark 8:36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

To paraphrase - For what should it profit those who engineered the hostile takeover of the Supreme Court if its behavior and rulings destroy public confidence in the Court?

Following the Dobbs decision to overturn Roe v Wade, the Court has seen its public approval rating drop to its lowest level ever recorded.

Recall that with the lack of arms or money to enforce its decisions the power and authority of the Court are based on the public accepting its findings as reflecting the facts and the law and NOT the personal political ideology of the ‘justices’ who happen to be sitting at that time.

Majority of Public Disapproves of Supreme Court’s Decision To Overturn Roe v. Wade

62% of Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases, little changed since before the court’s decision

1 Like

Uh…that’s a bit hyperbolic—this ain’t the first time the Supreme Court got xenophobic.

1 Like

What if there ain’t?

That appears to be the sad truth of the matter at this point. Basically, this is about punishing women “to save the unborn child”; so pretty much about punishing women for being women.

They’re certainly jumping for that basket.

1 Like

The Supreme Chaos Court of the Once United States

I’m definitely for expanding the Supreme Court at this point. We should probably also put an age or competency test limit on remaining on the Court too. Admittedly, those two things being good solutions is debatable. But at least those are different than what we’ve got now.

Then shit gets fucked up and spins out of control.

1 Like

The insurrectionists.

Seems to me it Texas is going to handle immigration on its southern border, then Texas should pay for it. Congress must cut all federal funding for the Texas border.

1 Like

The asshole software (Disqus?) used in this blog refuses to let me post one last thought on the effort of Mariposa County (Ariz.) to prevent right-wing liars from attacking their election officials, and so: It must be embarrassing as hell to the asshats in states like Texas to have their schemes to prevent voting exposed to public scrutiny … Or am I being too optimistic?

Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available