School Board Candidate Who Argued Not All Nazis Were Bad Keeps Posting Through It

Founder & Editor-in-Chief:

Executive Editor:

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1436523
1 Like

I’m first!!! But I have no cute pet photo!

Important tip for anyone running for office (like school board) – bringing up “good Nazis” is not a winning strategy.

And as for the people scammed by the Confederate “superhero” movie – the only person targeting your community is your Orange Idol, TFG. So no sympathy.

32 Likes

OT from WaPo
“Musk has suggested he’ll loosen content moderation standards and favors restoring former president Donald Trump’s account (on Tuesday he posted a meme of himself, Kanye West and Trump each holding a sword for the social media company he owns or is in the process of purchasing).”

Deal supposed to go October 28. Trump will be back on (regardless of what he says) before Election Day. Even though it’s bad for Truth Social he’ll never resist going back to Twitter.

19 Likes

The Justice Department is seeking a six-month prison sentence for Bannon

Look for Bannon to appeal whatever sentence is handed down. And remain free pending the disposition of the appeal. So even if he ends up in jail, it won’t be for several more months.

7 Likes

That’s too bad. :smile: I saw a trailer on twitter yesterday and it looked as bad as you’d expect.

Meanwhile, the star has a sad.

23 Likes

Elon Musk Wants To Fire 75% Of Twitter Staff

Is his job just to run twitter into the ground? I think he can manage that.

30 Likes

We should stop picking on poor Liz Truss. ‘Let us’ move on…:slight_smile:

30 Likes

Confederate Superhero Movie Dead After Scammer Allegedly Steals $1M From Investors

“Steals” is such a strong word. No, he merely borrowed the money for an even better idea - Nazi death camp guard superhero.

22 Likes

Go on. Leaf already.

15 Likes

TPM, You’ve got to do something about these comment thread titles.

Too many of them have the same title - TPM - Talking Points Memo - making it near impossible to know which story’s comments one is reading.

24 Likes

What’s most telling about a man, is the hill on which he chooses to die.

10 Likes

Newsmax Bans Lara Logan After She Goes Full QAnon, Spews Blood Libel on Network (thedailybeast.com)

“Newsmax condemns in the strongest terms the reprehensible statements made by Lara Logan and her views do not reflect our network,” the network said in a statement. “We have no plans to interview her again.”

31 Likes

“Let us”

Truss’ short tenure record will romaine for some time.

23 Likes

We should stop picking on poor Liz Truss. ‘Let us’ move on…:slight_smile:

One can understand England’s dire straits when one realizes a head of lettuce is worth more than the head of Liz Truss.

12 Likes
  • The Justice Department is seeking a six-month prison sentence for Bannon, who prosecutors argue “has expressed no remorse for his conduct and attacked others at every turn.”
  • Bannon is also facing a maximum $200,000 fine.

Taking bets on what the judge recommends and then a second bet on whether Bannon either serves the time or pays the fine out of his own pocket.

4 Likes

Anthony Scaramucci on Twitter says “Liz Truss lasted 4.1 Scaramuccis”.

25 Likes

She clearly doesn’t have a head for politics.

15 Likes

Hollywood already makes a ton of schlock, so one less piece of schlock is okey-dokey by me.

John Schneider was my favorite “Duke”. Is Tom Wopat a MAGAt as well?

9 Likes

She was too green for the job.

15 Likes

Never saw the show. I remember seeing commercials and it didn’t interest me in the least.

12 Likes