Schiff Says House Democrats May Not Ask Whistleblower To Testify

"Hey! What about me? I'm stupid, too."

33 Likes

Keep it an impeachment inquiry while piling on more evidence of wrongdoing and hope for a resignation?

1 Like

Totally agree. Take his/her deposition in friendly confines, then publish the most damning parts.

4 Likes

The point being that you donā€™t need that. Since Trump released the transcript (even if edited) and the ambassador texts were released, thereā€™s independent evidence provided of basically everything that the whistleblower reported. So their testimony is no longer critical to building a case.

22 Likes

While the others are important, this right here strikes me as the one with the most immediate benefits.

10 Likes

Oooh, I like that (presuming the WB is willing to play alongā€¦)

3 Likes

No need for the whistleblower to repeat what we already know. Trump has admitted his guilt.

Thereā€™s a lot of administration people who need to spend some time in prison.

7 Likes

If the campaign financing charges are as grave as they seem, a lot of Republican congress critters and their staff members deserve jail time as well. It looks like the Russians and Ukrainians have been funding the Republicans for a long, long time.

16 Likes

May be the name gets out anyway, at that at point no reason not to.

1 Like

Are you gay, jkrogman? If not, you may not understand how our community is very good about not outing people, until they start hurting other gay people with their hypocrisy. I am as queer as thunderclapnewman, and I would have said the same thing.

I guess we are homophobic ourselvesā€¦ not. But Lindsay Graham is a fucking hypocrite who has put our lives in danger for years while hiding in his closet. I donā€™t care if heā€™s still a virgin, he is vile and deserves to be outed.

16 Likes

Oh absolutely keep it an inquiry and keep investigating. Iā€™m not suggesting a vote on articles of impeachment, Iā€™m asking whether the House has to do what trump and the GOP are clamoring for and hold a formal, full House vote authorizing the impeachment inquiry.

1 Like

This looks Schiffty to me. A CIA leaker, not a whistleblower, spills the beans on a presidential phone call to kick of this parade then will not be called to testify? This is why Impeachment inquiries are supposed to be public and in the Judiciary Committee and not behind closed doors at the House Stupidity Committee. If Schiff is so worried about whistleblowers, why doesnā€™t he work to get Manning, Reality Winner and Assange out of jail?

Itā€™s not that funny, really, but Trump as a beefy forearmed Russian ā€œ krestā€™yankaā€ gave me the giggles. But note the tiny hands.

Heā€™s so very great leap forward.

20 Likes

Would you define the difference you see between a CIA leaker and a whistleblower, as it pertains to this proposed testimony?

7 Likes

Probably things they can verify without the WBā€™s testimony.

2 Likes

Apparently no, by both precedent and rules: (https://www.lawfareblog.com/must-house-vote-authorize-impeachment-inquiry)

6 Likes

First time Iā€™ve ever been a grammar nazi, but I wish folks would learn the difference between

• ā€œmay notā€ == forbidden
  • ā€œmight notā€ == considering options.

Not sure if Schiff has forbidden the other Dems, or only suggesting they havenā€™t decided.

3 Likes
3 Likes

No, but maybe we should ask what the effect is of such rhetoric, as opposed to only asking what the motivation is behind it.

8 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up! I was trying to remember if I had used those words in any of my comments. :confused:

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available