Schiff Says House Democrats May Not Ask Whistleblower To Testify

This little tidbit seems to have escaped Mz. Lindsey’s attention.

“Federal witness intimidation is punishable by up to 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000.”

Doesn’t matter if you’re a Senator or not. Going to prison would put an end to Mz. Lindsey’s bachelorhood, though.

50 Likes

'“Likes” to infinity, :clap::clap::clap:

11 Likes

I suppose he left the part about not being able to trust his traitorous, backstabbing Republican colleagues unsaid?

ETA: Trump is the story, not the whistleblower. Schiff is absolutely correct in keeping the focus on Trump. The whistleblower was the means to get us there, and deserves immense credit and our gratitude, but he/she should be kept off stage -which is probably what they want anyway.

34 Likes

Threats work?

1 Like

That should be high on the list of the next Dem AG.

8 Likes

Maybe the whistleblower could return the favor.

25 Likes

(1) Well played by Schiff

(2) It’s the Truth

(3) There are others who are not WBs who are stepping up

(4) You don’t reveal the WB just to satisfy people like Graham. Or Trump

(5) This is what you do with WitSec…what you do with Gangsters

(6) And Trump is a Gangster.

46 Likes

Anyone doing that would have to get the dirt from Putin.

1 Like

Adam Schiff Says House Democrats May Not Ask Whistleblower To Testify

. . .after Devin Nunes (R-CA) said he’d like to conduct his questioning over closed circuit television from his White House location.

Just in case inquiring minds . . .

14 Likes

Even convicts have taste.

5 Likes

trump has already admitted enough to be impeached on so why delay further?

IMPEACH TRUMP…NOW!!

Just make sure about 20-25 GOP senators will vote to convict. And if they have any brain matter they will.

9 Likes

I’ve read that the WB’s lawyers, Zaid and Bakaj, have asked Schiff if their client could submit a written statement, probably a sworn affidavit.

Also, Maria Bartiromo, that impeccable purveyor of truth says the IG report will be released next Friday. But,

My bet. The IG will report some tsk, tskey bullshit and wag a virtual finger because important documents were written in comic sans, or some such. Barr has been sitting on it for a month now. I also expect him to come out and make a statement where he muddies the waters again. Rest assured, Schiff knows what’s in that report already.

29 Likes

Yes, it does not need to be said as it is self-evident.

3 Likes

Considering what happened to Epstein - boy that story went cold - the WB must be terrified. Well played, Adam.

11 Likes

We hold these truths to be self-evident.

2 Likes

The call summary is enough, but Trump going to great lengths to hide the full transcript is the icing on the cake.

They do have enough to impeach this vulgar, embarrassing dotard. There is nothing to be gained by risking the lives of whistleblowers. Trump, in his great and unmatched imbecility, has already given enough evidence to support impeachment.

It probably won’t be enough for a conviction in the Senate, but that’s another bridge to cross.

17 Likes

These people don’t scare.

The people targeting them, though, should be scared, but are probably too stupid to be.

19 Likes

Yes, despite trump’s attempts.

What would really drive him nuts is to know that many in the WH do know the identity but don’t tell him because he can’t be trusted not to blurt it out. I bet he’s only one in the WH who doesn’t know.

11 Likes

Which is why the WB was never going to be a panzerfaust…the One-Shot weapon which achieved some notoriety in the last stages of the 1945 seige of Berlin.

The Floodgates are opening because of actions precipitated by people like the WB, resulting in devastating revelations at a rapid pace, thus relegating the WB into an entity the destruction of whom is not going to be the Holy Grail for Trump/Barr.

And Barr will continue to protect Trump

21 Likes

But it’s ok if you are Republican.

I mean, let’s be truthful here: does anybody believe that the Barr DOJ would prosecute anyone guilty of the outing? How did that work in the Valerie Plame case, for example?

13 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available