Schiff On Nunes Witness List: Will Not Abet ‘Sham Investigations’

House Intelligence Committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) responded to Rep. Devin Nunes’ (R-CA) witness requests Saturday, saying that he would not allow the impeachment inquiry to become a “vehicle” for more “sham investigations.”

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1261279

Whistleblower: People on trump’s Ukraine phone call have told me he was seeking a quid-pro-quo

Multiple people on the call: Yes, that’s exactly what happened

Nunes: The heck with the witnesses - we want to hear from the whistleblower.

————————

CBS will be broadcasting the hearings live:

63 Likes

The hearings will be an opportunity for the Republican party to shine in the national spotlight. Much as I would hate to see the proceedings interrupted by these dolts, I think the entire country, especially the Independents and sane Republicans (there are a few) deserve the opportunity to see what they have wrought

33 Likes

Gee, Devin, looks like the scoutmaster slapped down your excellent suggestions there. Just said nope, we’re not doing that.

You want to know the problem, really, boss? Not even your own people take your silly traitorous ass seriously. You’re a joke person. Sorry, but it’s true. : (

In other news, they cheered for Trump in Alabama. Maybe he can go and be king of Alabama.

41 Likes

Glad Gym Jordan will be there to add gravitas to this matter

48 Likes

clowns gonna clown…

13 Likes

Schiff basically tells Nunes, I’ll call @devincow before I call the people on your list.

41 Likes

Too bad the first three words weren’t the complete story.

4 Likes

Schiff responded in a statement, saying that he would give the request “due consideration.”

Master of the understatement. Got to love Schiff’s cool, unbreakable demeanor.

46 Likes

“Nunes, ranking member on the committee, sent his list in a letter to Schiff earlier on Saturday, naming the whistleblower and Hunter Biden among the people Republicans want to testify.”

“Also on the GOP witness list were the missing Lindbergh baby, Mothman, Vince Foster, the Board of Directors of Uranium One, the owner of Comet Pizza, Socks the Cat, the Hawaiian Registrar of Births, and that Trololo guy.”

89 Likes

“due consideration” means that Schiff had his staff print out the memo on toilet paper for his next #2.

7 Likes

I venture to say that anything Deven Nunes ‘udders’ next week will be ‘moo’.

28 Likes

That little baby was Me

– Kamala Harris

29 Likes

Add Jimmy Hoffa and Judge Crater to this list.

And Obama and Clintons and Carter.

11 Likes

If they want to play that game, how about Schiff call Jim Jordan’s accusers? And the 20-something number of women accusing Trump of predatory behavior? For starters.

75 Likes

Here’s a fun exchange when Gaetz crashed a session and Schiff threw him out. It took longer than this because Gaetz is such an ass, but the dismissiveness, the assertion of adulthood, oh man you can drink it in like the finest wine:

“Mr. Gaetz, take your statement to the press. They do you no good here. So, please, absent yourself,” he says.

“You’re going to have someone remove me from the hearing?” Gaetz responds, to which Schiff shoots back: “You’re going to remove yourself.”

96 Likes

Shorter Schiff: “Don’t make me hurt you, pipsqueak.”

18 Likes

Nunes and the GOP have not yet learned the lesson of being careful what you ask for. They said they wanted an impeachment vote; they got it. They said they wanted open hearings; to their chagrin they’re about to get it. Now they want to have Hunter Biden and a patriotic whistleblower on live TV to explain to the American people how Trump and his GOP minions are undermining our democracy. Good luck with that.

22 Likes

mcNwyGg

29 Likes

I read that transcript. I think it left out the last part where Schiff very cooly said “…and leave the pizza.”

25 Likes