Schiff Argues That Trump Is Threat To Republic In Impeachment Closer | Talking Points Memo

I disagree only with one point. Trump is only the 2nd greatest threat to our republic. McConnell is and has proven to be the one who will go down in history as the man who destroyed the Republic.

19 Likes

Truer words never spoken.

I only wish people understood the precipice we are at.

6 Likes

I think we are way past the humor part in all of this.

8 Likes

FTFY :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It’s is crystal clear by now that the Criminal IMPotus is a threat to our nation, our rule of law AND even to his very own Greedy’olParty senators = “Vote against the president & your head will be on a pike”!

BUT so far, it seems that the GOP senators are gutless, spineless, brainless and lawless! And Chief Justice Roberts seems to be made of the same cloth as his GOP Party members…

Saying this again…Holocaust did NOT happen by Hitler’s loathsome self alone, he had the Nazi Party, just like the Criminal IMPotus has the GOP/RepubliCON Party + Faux News + Evilgelicals…and a cult whose voters are as culpable as the criminal president, co-conspirator legislators or corrupt administration!

8 Likes

I cannot agree more. When our children’s children ask “Didn’t anybody say something about the crazy man who took over the Presidency?” we will all be able to say “Here’s something I want you to watch/read/listen to.”

19 Likes

Elon Musk likes Yang for POTUS.

4 Likes

Not trying to be histrionic here but think of this in larger terms. When Caesar crossed the Rubicon, he destroyed institutional thinking in Rome. It is why it is a saying today about “Crossing the Rubicon”.

Many of our institutions have been broken today, but not by Trump, but by McConnell. Trump may be the Tyrant who enacted the deed, but he needed people to help destroy the foundations from within.
Trump is not the enemy of the republic, McConnell is.

17 Likes

Hell yeah!

2 Likes

I read that the gops are treating this not as a trial, but more like a movie blockbuster. If the aren’t “wowed” by the House managers, then they’ll definitely vote to acquit, election or no election. They don’t think they can lose. And I don’t understand why, which makes me a little nervous.

3 Likes

We can agree that one alone cannot do the damage that both together can do.

Throw in USAG Barr and Sec of State Pompeo and what we have can arguably be called a coup.

16 Likes

How can you even counter the deception and lies that gush constantly from the gob of the Orange Anti-Christ?

4 Likes

They are either venal capitulators or traitors. Either way, they are without soul, integrity or moral fiber. Utterly corrupt the way a rotting corpse infested with maggots and a vile stench of warning is.

On another note, never was a country so graced as we are with Adam Schiff.

10 Likes

Mars, bitches!

2 Likes

I say hold off on the Space Force until we have warp drive and a first contact.

4 Likes

> Americans don't give a fuck about Ukraine.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, January 24, 2020

7 Likes

Schiff is a genuine American hero.

8 Likes

Thanks for the words of encouragement, @mattinpa. These are the darkest times we Boomers have lived through in our Nation’s life, and that includes the Cold War, the Kennedy Assassination, Vietnam, multiple recessions and Wall Street damage to the economy, and the Iraq War. This is because we are being destroyed from within as a democracy by a party and President who no longer believe in our form of government.

We may survive this, just barely, but our standing in the world will not recover in our lifetimes. I think that’s already clear.

16 Likes

I was a scientist before I retired. I was always careful to not copy someone else’s original work and then call it mine. That patch would have been considered plagiarism in my former line of work.

Rockets!

I have seen Musk’s rocket booster stages land and it is awesome.

7 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available