‘Sadly, Mitch Forgot’: Trump Attacks McConnell In Email To GOP Lawmakers | Talking Points Memo

President Donald Trump sought vengeance over Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) who finally acknowledged the election win of Democrat Joe Biden, sending a slide to Republican lawmakers that suggested he had saved McConnell’s political career by endorsing him earlier this year.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1350509
1 Like

“Sadly, Mitch forgot.”

Maybe he’ll forget this, too!

13 Likes

He’s right. Putin swapped up votes for Mitch, and this is how he repays that debt to Trump. Sad!

28 Likes

Poor Donnie gives and gives and gives and he gets spit on in return.

/s

32 Likes

The Loan Shark President. Quite a legacy or the name of a new hit reality tv spectacle.

13 Likes

Its part of the Axios article out this morning, that Trump is turning on everybody that won’t indulge his delusions. Including Pence:

Another interesting tidbit is what Marcy Wheeler dropped on Twitter as a reminder:

Don't tell Sidney Powell about this--it'll be our secret, okay?

But those fights that she and Rudy and recently pardoned foreign agent Mike Flynn keep having with the White House Counsel?

White House Counsels don't have privilege.

— Dr. emptywheel (@emptywheel) December 22, 2020
64 Likes

It’s like King Lear but Lear and Cordelia are both idiots and there’s more swearing.

43 Likes

Still waiting for the ferret topped failure to go after daddy vlad for acknowledging reality. Yeah, right.

9 Likes

28 Days of Delusions left, and still no comprehensive narrative dealing with what (if any) separation there is from those who pulled the lever for Trump on 3 November 2020 and the Kray Kray people that Trump is now administering to.

(1) It could be that every single solitary Trump 3 Nov. voter is in the Kray Kray Tribe
(2) It could be that there is slippage
(3) And if (2) is true, then How Fucking Much, who and Fucking WHY?

It could well be that this is being done in some press/communication/polling venue, but something tells me that there is not much exposure on that, because people still post things like,

“74,000,000 people wanna KNOW!!!” (how did this election get stolen???)

We are giving the Trump Phenomenon too much standing

19 Likes

Wanna know how to really get back at him?

Make sure he becomes Minority Leader of the Senate in January.

You have the power!

47 Likes

donald is reaching the point of narcissistic rage. Everyone, buckle your seat belts.

18 Likes

Donald, the poll data analyst. Yeah, that’s the (losing) ticket.

10 Likes

At what point does Republican political denial become certifiably seditious?

24 Likes

Donald forgets that even an actual friend wouldn’t back a losing hand by selling his own house, and since Donald has no actual friends, he really does not have any actual favors to call in. McConnell has 6 more years to ruin America and doesn’t need a pardon, Donald’s shot ends in 30 days. Only the true believers/dead-enders are left.

No reason to get excited
The thief, he kindly spoke
There are many here among us
Who feel that life is but a joke
But you and I, we’ve been through that
And this is not our fate
So let us stop talkin’ falsely now
The hour’s getting late,

32 Likes

Wait till the loon is out of power and no one will give him the time of day, twitter bans him (hopefully) whatever will he do for attention? So looking forward to this destructive POS being gone.

19 Likes

Proving once again that EVERYTHING Trump does, is purely “Transactional”.

He is the walking epitome of “What’s in it for ME?” and that is what appeals to his most rabid supporters, who also live empty, squalid lives of pure “Transactionalism”.

A life totally bereft of human compassion and love, and wallowing in abject materialism, juvenile social posturing, and shallow, animalistic gratification. If it wasn’t so destructive for the entire Country, it would be pitiful.

40 Likes

Eh, Vito! Come over here for a sec. You seen what Gino done? That’s sad. Everything Gino has is because of me, da capo. No capo, no Gino. I am everything, he is nothing. Now he spits at me and turns his back. That’s a gonna be real sad for him. For his family. Real sad. You and Luigi, you’re no gonna do anything sad, no? I’m a gonna hurt you like I’m a gonna hurt Gino if you do. That would be real sad. Capisce?

6 Likes

Trump’ like a chimera Lear/Nero.

2 Likes

"Fish flop around before they die." – David Jolly

21 Likes

Quite true, and every organ of our popular culture seems to be enabling him. Trump should be reported on like the weather (usually stuck in a small section of a separate part of a newspaper in the Old Days).

That venue kept up with things and informed the public. If there was a danger of severe weather, maybe the typeset would be bold, and if there was front-page-worthy stuff, then by all means, Bold Type and prominent Front Page treatment…but Trump has been spouting nonsense most of which deserve the “fair, but cold weather” dissemination of his trashy utterings

10 Likes