Russian Disinformation Op Against Biden Blows Up In GOP’s Face

h/t @mrbill30560

31 Likes

I am betting Kav knows.

7 Likes

U.S. District Judge Cormac Carney (appointed by Bush II) ordered Robert Rondo immediately released from custody, which prompted the Justice Department to race to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals with an emergency motion to stay his release and continue to detain him pending a full appeal.

From what we have seen recently from the collective judiciary across America…good judgement seems to be in short supply…

17 Likes

In the science labs people would steal the beakers and the other Pyrex glass tubes to make water bongs.

4 Likes

Meanwhile, in other news regarding the suppression of democracy; Xitter……

The site has claimed it took down the pages after the Indian government sent them “executive orders”.

The orders were “subject to potential penalties, including imprisonment”, X said in a statement, adding that it “disagreed with these actions”.

X’s clarification was shared on their official handle @GlobalAffairs.

Several activists had earlier complained about their posts being removed.

X user and Indian journalist Mohammed Zubair wrote on Monday that “many influential X accounts” of reporters, influencers and prominent farm unionists covering farmers’ protest in India were “suspended”.

Mandeep Punia, a journalist, told the BBC that his account and that of his news platform - Gaon Savera - have been withheld.

“We are professional journalists covering rural India. We are reporting from the ground and the government doesn’t want that. The government is blocking our voice, but equally this also affects our livelihood, our means of earning a living,” he said

In its clarification, X said the accounts and posts were being withheld in India alone “in compliance with the orders”.

It, however, added that the platform did not agree with the government action and maintained that “freedom of expression should extend to these posts”.

The platform also said it had legally challenged the government’s “blocking orders”, without specifying which court they had petitioned.

6 Likes

There’s always a post…

15 Likes

I still have mine set to “NSA node” to fuck with the Libertarian CT loon who lives down the street.

10 Likes
6 Likes

Now that you mention it, I think I used an Erlenmeyer flask for my supercharged water pipe.

6 Likes

It was really just a rhetorical question. I don’t think there is any criminal liability here, for the reasons you stated. However, there is a point at which what these people are doing amounts to aiding and abetting a foreign intelligence operation–functionally if not legally.

6 Likes

It’s a stupid decision and I hope it’s reversed quickly, but you’re correct in there being unintended consequences. China is now deeply regretting their one child only policy they enacted in the late 1970s. It’s since been reversed, but the legacy of that policy continues to shadow Xi’s government.

4 Likes

“… Republicans and their media enablers react in dramatic fashion to the explosive revelation that a key source – their main source, no less…”

Trump has since arm-twisted his sycophants in Congress and at Fox to flog this story mercilessly despite knowing it was false Russian disinformation that has been disproven in multiple ways. He has no shame and does not deserve to be the Republican nominee.

6 Likes

I just thought of something: can FOX NEWS be found to be a ‘foreign intelligence source’ and be rated as a disseminator of ‘foreign’ intelligence?

2 Likes

I think what you’re trying to say, correct me if I’m wrong, is that Gym Jordan tends to overcompensate in more ways than one.

7 Likes

Watermelons work, too. Tried it, liked it.

3 Likes

The Erlenmeyer flask was perfect since you could just use the black rubber plug and insert the glass tubes for smoking.

4 Likes

We used to search the banks of a creek for reeds. When dried and cut into about 8 to 10 inches long pieces, they were perfect for sucking up hot knifed hashish.

Ah, the remembrances of a not so wasted youth.

8 Likes

I think Manu Raju showed ‘reasonable’ surprise at that Comer statement and went after said Congressman.

I also was very glad the Supremes came down ‘against’ MTG and her ‘super-spreader’ buddies.

9 Likes

Mitch’s last gasp with be a swipe at trump.
I am here for it.

10 Likes

You are not wrong.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available