Rudy Is Throwing Everything Against Biden’s DOJ To See What Sticks | Talking Points Memo

As prosecutors bear down on Rudy Giuliani, his legal team has made a decision: take his antics of the past two years and hold them up as a knot prosecutors will have to untangle.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1374360

President Trump should just pardon Rudy.

21 Likes

Too corrupt to investigate.

Yeah, that’s the ticket.

40 Likes

China Syndrome (and back) illegal.

7 Likes

O/T but GOP YOU made this

26 Likes

Rudy! Please be your own attorney! Please represent yourself! PLEASE???

35 Likes

Rudy Is Throwing Everything Against Biden’s DOJ To See What Sticks

Let me know when rudebags is thrown up against the wall.

16 Likes

He can’t – Trump is no longer President (thank G-d)

The smarminess is pretty thick here:

Giuliani’s attorney said that he has offered to answer questions from prosecutors over the past 18 months, so long as he can dictate the scope of the interview.

I just don’t see any attorney, any judge buying the stance that the person of interest dictates the scope of the questions.

Also speaking of not buying things …
OhMyGod

8 Likes

Pretty sure that was extreme sarcasm

5 Likes

O/T but yay, the discussion button problem has been fixed. I hereby withdraw several (okay, a few) things I said about TPM’s IT.

18 Likes

Of course, but there are still too many idiots out there who believe Trump still is the Prez. So it doesn’t hurt to repeat the obvious.

2 Likes

It was only after Attorney General Merrick Garland took office that the search warrant was executed. Giuliani’s counsel made significant hay of this, arguing that prosecutors only prevailed on a “do-over” application.”

To Patrick Cotter, a former federal prosecutor in Chicago now in private practice, that made little sense.

25 Likes

They’re going to have to make privilege laundering illegal just like money laundering. Call it Rudi’s Law.

11 Likes

This unhinged, double chinned, rambler is a Trumper? Get the fuck out!

16 Likes

Rudy - that supposed tangled web of privilege isn’t yours to invoke if it even exists at all. You don’t own the goddamn privilege.

29 Likes

Hmmmmm…Rudy flinging feces.

How true to type.

It should be noted that the gorilla is by far better looking than ol’ Rudes…

9 Likes

I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody’s part.

The Animal House defense.

21 Likes

Desperate people do desperate things.

5 Likes

Protected by an “impenetrable web of privilege”

5 Likes