Right-Wing Lawyer Feigns Skepticism At Extreme Relief He’s Seeking In Affordable Care Act Attack

Trump appointee Judge Cory Wilson — along with his fellow Monday panel member and Trump appointee Don Willet, an avowed opponent of the Affordable Care Act — seemed to shrug at the idea of such expansive relief.

“You wouldn’t vacate these things just for people in Texas or just for the plaintiffs — if they’re invalid, they’re invalid,” he said to the Department of Justice lawyer.

Nationwide injunctions are a two-way street. Wilson, and his fellow FedSoc Judges, will regret their logic once Democrats seriously get into the game.

7 Likes

It’s this one. Absolutely.

7 Likes

Bespoke means custom-made or custom-fitted – usually for one specific person. Pretty sure it’s not legalese as one sees it used in many contexts. I’m not sure it’s used correctly in this article, where it refers to customizing for a group

3 Likes

I agree with the sentiment but with a 6-3 majority courtesy of Team Unicorn, I find it unlikely there will be any regret for a very long time. We’re likely to be dead before that happens.

2 Likes

“White revanchists”, or more broadly, “Reactionaries” would certainly be more accurate

7 Likes

I would call them nihilists, but I think they think that we shouldn’t mess with “God’s Plan”.

5 Likes

No. They just want to destroy all healthcare regulations, for the same reason that they want to destroy public education.

6 Likes

It is tough living in a country where so many hate their brothers and sisters they don’t want them to screen for cancer to help them and to save all of us money by early diagnosis. These so called conservatives are monsters.

4 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

“Never let the hypocrisy get in the way!” is the guy’s motto.

3 Likes

Bespoke is a tailoring term. With the interest in artisanal products or custom-solutions it’s become a fancy term for saying ‘custom’.

2 Likes

Vandals.

1 Like

Ma Nature is fighting back…

2 Likes

Well yeah. that’s why the dockets are suddenly crowded in Amarillo TX & East Bumphuque FL.

3 Likes

Makes sense. Where I most see it used is w/ haute couture

1 Like

Marketers have taken over the term as a high class way of saying custom.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available