Republicans So Badly Want To Run Against The Black Guy

I took screenshots of your other comments regarding alternative energy methods. Is it possible we could start a dedicated thread?

1 Like

Sure. Start it up!
I don’t think I know how, I have always stayed on the front page threads.

1 Like

I think you have a great range – about 2 1/2 octaves? And I would bet with enough vocal training (err, torture) that would expand a lot. But. Honestly, you have a wonderful, versatile voice. I am glad you did as great as you did today! BRAVA!!!

And now, enjoy a rest. I’m sure you are in thick of breeding (goats) right now… There’s a season for everything! :hugs:

3 Likes

I also have only been on the main or front page threads. Let me look around the site.

1 Like

Just want to make sure you know the “praying emoji” you see as “praying” is intended to be a Gassho – palms together. It expresses gratitude and also deep honor and respect for the other poster. I am very sorry I have offended you.

I too miss many former posters who have left the Hive including those you mentioned, and so many more less followed members, who, nevertheless, have contributed greatly to TPM over the years.

I am deeply sorry I offended you.

3 Likes

I appreciate your reply. You have not offended me. The internet has been around for decades now and many communities have been built including this one on TPM.

I am a relative newcomer myself, having found the site, like so many others, after the US General Election in 2016. Was I not paying attention?

Apparently, I have only been a member since 2019.

1 Like

I started using the praying hands moji because the thumbs up had been polluted :pray:

4 Likes

I wish solar was an option for us. We live in a rural area forest of 100 foot firs and cedar, so we don’t have much sun exposure, and can’t even get clear satellite or reliable cell tower coverage. We have problems with our rural electricity distribution – we have a tier 1 line. So, we have been informed that electric vehicle charges cannot be fully supported. We have power outages three or four times a month. Rural areas ae definitely a problem when there are mountains, oceans, and forests. But, still, a beautiful area to live in!

Keep working at your effort … everything helps!

2 Likes

What you should know is that you are sharing information and opinions on a public opinion forum that has a reputation for attracting educated and/or informed contributors from the US and internationally interested in primarily politics but other newsworthy topics.

It’s likely that you will not be, though you may hope you are, the most knowledgeable and/or experienced contributor in the forum.

I appreciate those climate change posts too. The raw information is useful.

I ignore the apocalyptic vibe that often accompanies it, because in some cases it’s hyperbole that doesn’t track the science. Like saying Floriduh will be underwater soon, ignoring the geography that will make it a very localized problem in our lifetimes.

Another problem is that ringing alarm bells about what’s about to happen can mislead people into thinking we can do something about what’s going to happen in the next 70-100 years.

No, that’s baked into the planet. It’s going to happen anyway. What we do now with climate mitigation is about making things better after that, for our grandkids and their kids. There is no precedent for getting the general public to think that way. People aren’t wired for it.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response. No problem. It is hard to explain gassho to people who are not aware of other cultural visual affirmations.

I, too, “lurked” here on TPM until I became a prime member. It seems like I have been here much longer than I have. NOTE TO LURKERS. Become a member now, so you will be fully vested in our tribe and our hive.

1 Like

I got to meet her once. I was on the Board of the Intiman Theatre when it produced the world premier of Nickel and Dimed.

https://playbill.com/article/intiman-gets-nickel-and-dimed-with-world-premiere-july-26-aug-25-com-107296

3 Likes

I don’t think the majority of us reading and responding to comments on 3/29/24’s Morning Memo on TPM (Talking Points Memo) could give a shit about “gassho” but we are interested in other MSM stories including US and world news.

Over time, I have also been observing you and your contributions to the conversations. It’s an interesting study.

If the backend checked, they would discover that you use a VPN for the majority of your posts.

Nope, I have never used a VPN for my posts. No need to, I’m here in the USA and have never made a mystery of where I live in Port Townsend WA. I’ve even posted views from my office window here in town. Not sure what you’re getting at here.

I still hafta make the pot for the banjo. I have the drum.head already. It was signed by Earl Scruggs, the gent who invented the three finger style of playing nearly all banjo players use but I do not. I play claw hammer style that comes from an earlier era. Not sure yet what woods to use for this banjo’s pot.

2 Likes

Maple is kind of classic, and will give a brighter tone, but if you want something more mellow, check out walnut or mahogany. There are more exotic woods, but that’s beyond my experience. Deerings are all maple, I believe.

I don’t know anything about banjos but I’d second the recommendation for maple. It’s a standard hardwood for the back and sides of stringed instruments like my wife’s fiddle, and both my mandolin and my octave mandolin have maple back and sides. It’s not difficult to work, doesn’t split easily and can have a nice figure if you get a piece of wood with some nice flame or curl in it. There are other exotic woods if you want to get fancy but maple is a safe choice.

I had some training when I was younger. After decades of flute, my breath control is still pretty good, even with mild asthma.

3 Likes

I was just musing on the SCOTUS conundrum…why is it that presidents get to nominate them? How hard is that to change? Would it be advisable to change that, and is there a way to do it that takes away the Federalist Society’s lock and pulls that rotten tooth out of the equation?

ETA: Just wondering if there is some other model that would minimize politics and maximize merit. We have now seen that R presidents will nominate horrible people and R senators will confirm them.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available