Reports: Durham Said To Be Seeking Indictment Of Lawyer At Firm With Ties To DNC

With the facial hair yes, but that piercing glare it looks to me that he thinks he’s superman using his x-ray vision.

6 Likes

Given its origin, I think that’s about the best we can hope for.

13 Likes

Funny how it’s the NYT with this scoop.

6 Likes

Ok, glad I’m not the only one who thinks this sounds so trivial to be ridiculous.

If I understand correctly, Durham wants to indict Sussmann because he didn’t disclose he had a client while reporting the Trump Org - Russian Bank allegation to Baker. Is that a requirement for reporting to the FBI? If not, how is this material at all?

If I don’t tell the FBI what I had for lunch and the FBI person I reported too says I did tell him what I had for lunch, would I be “lying” to the FBI?

11 Likes

The Grey Lady of Pooper Scoopers.

9 Likes

Because it would have subverted the NYT’s Clinton Derangement Syndrome Prime Directive, they buried this at the end of the story. They might think they’ll get lucky and draw a Trump judge who’ll let it in under 803(1), but I’m guessing he thinks inadmissible evidence is enough to cross the probable cause threshold and thereby empower him to stop the clock and keep trying to Jean Valjean/Ken Starr out some evidence of the Clinton perfidy he just knows he’ll find.

18 Likes

Sigh. Yes. And as usual these last decades, they don’t get frustrated with the failure of their evil misguided, misleading team and wander away looking for new/better meaning. They wish that it was meaner and more evil and more disgusting. That is why I say…we aren’t getting these people back. They will never vote D, they will never see the error of their ways and cool it…even a little. They will never go back to helping America be it’s best self…they will be attempting to tear it to pieces. And at some point killing us all will be the only thing left in their bag.

11 Likes

It’s the derp that keeps on derping.

7 Likes

Rachel nailed it last night
Why the rush ?
Statute of limitations runs out Saturday
Had to get something in under the wire

9 Likes

Yes I think the article might say it…or another one I was reading:
Durham went in looking for FBI malfeasance and came out the other end only holding a claim that someone misled the FBI on a very unrelated matter.

7 Likes

He never left, in his own warped mind.

4 Likes

LOL. Good one.

2 Likes

So he didn’t find anything except MAYBE this lawyer talked to the Clintons. Uh oh…

4 Likes

This blows my mind.

5 Likes

It may not be that bad. Trumpism can be juxtaposed with Barack Obama-Yes We Can in a space of about 8-10 years.

Whole populations do not change that fast.

Trumpers were rife in 2008
People going against Trump were plentiful in 2020

This is a complex, young, energetic country which gets bored awfully fast.

If there were a way to cut through the barriers of group-think we would be a lot better off.

3 Likes

OT

13 Likes

Only it’s worse than that, because the FBI person doesn’t remember whether you said what you had for lunch, but another guy’s notes say say the FBI guy told him that you had a sandwich earlier.

17 Likes

It’s their whole playbook. Someone courageously reports malfeasance, and their response is to immediately and vigorously investigate … the person who reported the malfeasance.

It’s like that great scene from The Death of Stalin where Marshal Zhukov (Jason Isaacs stealing every scene he’s in) briefly makes Khruschev think that he’s going to denounce him.

Except that with the Trumpistanis, it’s no joke; in their version of the movie, Khruschev is taken away and shot. Zhukhov is dealt with, and Beria expands his grip over the whole Politburo forever.

Um … NSFW BTW.

11 Likes

Oh for fucks sake! Can’t we get rid of this nincompoop? Force Barr to take him back?
Barr doesn’t want him? Tough! Move him into Barr’s spare bedroom with a microphone so Barr has to hear his snoring for years.

8 Likes

OT, but this story sounds a lot meatier.

18 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available