Report: Trump Repeatedly Pushed For Ivanka To Be His Running Mate In 2016

There is more than one district in this country that would probably love to have Ivanka as their rep - a thought that makes me shudder.

Scariest sentence in the article - “She polled better than they thought she would”

14 Likes

Nearly every other adult you cross paths with during your daily routine thinks Trump is a great President.

Let that sink in. It’s reason enough to never leave the house, which this pandemic has rendered a plausible option.

17 Likes

Of course he did. If you see things in reality show terms, as he does, and you want ratings and splashy optics, she was an obvious choice. All his other interest in her aside, he was thinking in terms of casting and news cycles, not fitness for the job.

16 Likes

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1310573694633246721

@joshtpm

The law is coming.

8 Likes

Relieved I’d guess. Wasn’t he losing in his own re-election campaign in Indiana?

11 Likes

Badonkadonk 2016!

10 Likes

The new (I’m crossing my fingers) Senate and House DEM majorities in January will have to write a slew of new laws, including NOT having a FATHER / DAUGHTER team as president / vice president.

9 Likes

This is totally on brand.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Rex Tillerson, disgruntled coffee boy…of State.

3 Likes

Just remember Trump thinks of himself as a mob boss, so picking Ivanka would be cosa nostra. It’s been the same with how Trump thinks of the Presidency and governing.

10 Likes

Guess that whole “different state from the electors” was more prescient than I thought.

6 Likes

Those same people thought Iraq was going swimmingly and Katrina was handled with great care. Not that it is good news - jut not new news.

8 Likes

9 Likes

May I opt out, please?

6 Likes

Easy: “It was God’s Will.”

1 Like

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation

1 Like

Hell, I’m surprised he didn’t name her to the Supreme Court

6 Likes

It’s like the breadth of the universe, his stupidity. It beggars the imagination.

9 Likes

Nobody ever told Fat Nixon that VP candidates aren’t subjected to the casting couch.

Then again, there’s Q-Tip.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available