Report: State Dept Quietly Released Ukraine Aid At Bolton’s Orders

Aye, it’s a goddamn firehose of gaslight, delusion, and bullshit.

I don’t watch any interview with a Trumpista any more: bad for my liver and the number of figurative showers it took to scrub that nasty stuff off was chapping my soul.

3 Likes

I think John Goodman at full weight would make a great Trumpf. He could do the subtlety in ways Alec Baldwin could only dream about.

2 Likes

Deep Mustache.

4 Likes

Wasn’t there a recent report (NYT?) about how Trump did the same thing with the previous Ukranian president? Apparently what Drumph got that time was the dropping of Ukrainian cooperation with the Mueller team, plus other considerations, no doubt.

6 Likes

Only when its up and awake. Stormy knows.

2 Likes

What subtlety? If you can find one subtle thing about Trump then you have to tell me what it is cause I don’t see it.

3 Likes

At full weight, Goodman was an absolute ringer for Bill Barr…hands down

3 Likes

I’m not sure Bloomberg has this right. The State Department released their portion of the aid because their lawyers concluded that OMB had no authority to hold it up. This is in the testimony of Ambassador Taylor. A review may have been recommended by Bolton behind the scenes, but I don’t think he had the authority to do anything here.

As I make my way through the Fiona Hill transcript (a difficult figure for the conservatives to handle because I think she actually is right leaning or right friendly in a lot of ways but is pretty woke in her area of expertise with some political sense that other witnesses lack…sort of a Chris Wallace conservative) what stands out is that this was a turf war battle between Bolton and Mulvaney.

While Bolton is a smart man and understands the rule of law, he’s governed by his own lust for power, and his political sense. Bolton can rationalize anything that’s good for Bolton. He’ll wield the tools of law and bureaucracy against anything that is bad for Bolton.

He felt insulted that Mulvaney had more pull with Trump. Sondland was Mulvaney’s guy, so he ripped apart the entire conspiracy. This also tails back to the Venezuela matter, where Bolton didn’t get his war because Trump backed down. Well, it looks like from reading the transcripts that the reason Trump backed down is because the Russians may have offered a deal: we’ll let you handle business in VZ, just don’t invade, but you need to let us run things in our 'hood: UKR. The tradeoff appears to have been to pressure the UKR gov’t to make Naftogaz great again (for the Russian mob and the Kremlin).

I’m certain Bolton picked up on this and this is why he torpedoed the entire Ukraine adventure.

14 Likes

Except to Shia, maybe. I think he’s cool with our pals the Saudis.

3 Likes

They forgot Ivanka, Laura Ingraham and, of course, Lindsay Graham.

2 Likes

Or Elton John, the elder version.

1 Like

That’s how this works and it’s pointless to get angry over it. You cut a deal to save yourself. Prosecution 101.

3 Likes

Where is Corey Amundson in all this? Why was it State that had to pull the alarm? It was his job.

This guy.

Corey%20Amundson%20Baton%20Rouge%20Tense%20DOJ%20Prepares%20gXufLX1rKoRl

The full-blown rally version of Trump is the opposite of subtle, but it would take a decent actor to play the other versions of Trump. Like standing at a podium, bored and drugged up, reading a speech he’d rather not be giving. Or the version of Trump in the WH residence every morning, watching Fox TV, gloating and planning his Twitter posts of the day.

More than anything else, it would take a good actor to play someone who is truly stupid and incurious, with a diminishing mental capacity due to age, and yet holding the levers of great power. The rally performance of throwing red meat to the base would be the easy part.

4 Likes

I agree with Tena…there is no there there.
Chump has no layers really, except the fact that beneath it all there is a frightened, angry, self-loathing child that he is hiding.

And I agree with you, it would take SOME acting to be that shallow, unsympathetic, and abnormal.

5 Likes

Well said - thanks. You got the difference and still acknowledged how there was some truth to both our comments and I was having a difficult time coming up with a good reply myself.

You just made it unnecessary. hahahahahahahahha

3 Likes

For all the talk about what is “needed” to be a good candidate or a leader for the American people (and there has been a lot), the truth is R voters don’t follow any of that script. They voted for Ronnie Raygun, Gee Dumb, and now Chump. Plastic, fake, imposters. Getting progressively worse, Chump was not even life-like.

1 Like

He undercut Fatass before he could be underbussed.

5 Likes

Sarcasm font!

4 Likes

My guess: the misdemeanor comes in vandalizing Baby Trump Blow-up; the felony comes in doing it with a lethal weapon.

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available