Report: State Dept Quietly Released Ukraine Aid At Bolton’s Orders

Cue Republican senators explaining that treason, while bad, is not an impeachable offense.

10 Likes

I think it’s a signal to colleagues (co-conspirators?) for WTF is trump saying?

The naked truth is that it was Matthew McConaughey.

1 Like

Yes. Especially when it’s been done so many times… out in the open.

2 Likes

Great summary of the current state of the presidency.

I quoted the whole comment because this bears repeating.

All of it absolutely true.

6 Likes

Whoa! it just clicked that “drug deal” was not just Bolton’s term of art (which made giant question marks appear briefly over my head), but rather a flag to the Ghouliani/Lev/Firtash/et al “Big Money in Marijuana” grift. (Duh - I’m probably late to the party)

As @serendipitoussomnambulist posted earlier, the extortion attempt by Spanky has led to the uncovering of a giant ocean of corruption and money laundering.

4 Likes

There were no :“funds”, only military aid. The military aid would have been manufactured by American workers. So trump screwed them as well.

2 Likes

Take another hit on the bongo card

2 Likes

I can’t right now. I’m busy doing conga lines.

4 Likes

I’m not of fan of her moderating so I stopped watching her shows but, I swear, when she’s on a panel at the table on other shows (which is rare) she gives coherent, succinct, dead-on-balls-accurate** political analysis. That seems to be her strong point.

(** It’s an industry term.)

3 Likes

And he knew his time at the WH was going to be brief - that handwriting was on all the walls.

1 Like

I think at one presidential candidate should parrot the republicans talking point that trump did not direct the money to be held up. That trump is not sure what anyone is doing in his administration because he is clueless.
How long would it take trump to tweet out he makes all the decisions and these guys do exactly what he tells them to.
I really am waiting for trump to just admit that he is guilty.

4 Likes

And John Kelly and Rex Tillerson. I should have bought some antacid while I was out earlier. Or whiskey,

3 Likes

It’s one of those “it’s relative” things. Plus OMG.

1 Like

Though I’m an Alabama grad, I cheered for LSU yesterday. After inviting Trump to the game, Alabama didn’t deserve to win. You’re so right… ETTD.

5 Likes

Well, it was only treason lite, diet treason, not the full-on betrayal version.

4 Likes

She’s certainly smart, but one feels like giving her a librium. Chill, girl, and slow down. She’s like the female Steve Kornacki, only more dominant. Her most annoying habit is saying “Ok” after a guest made a point, no matter how insightful and salient, as if to say “Yeah, whatever, you made your point, I can check that off, don’t ask me to react to is as I wasn’t really listening, now moving right along”.

If someone did that to me in person and I didn’t have to interact with them at work, I’d give them a wide berth. A conversation is supposed to be two-way.

2 Likes

The mob boss is never convicted based on the testimony of his parish priest. It’s always one of his equally horrible henchmen who turns on him. You wanna cut off the head of the snake or play with his innards?

1 Like

This was NOT a free and fair election process! The only way Republicans can win an election is if they cheat.

1 Like

Sounds to me like whoever it was that needed permission to release the funds was just waiting for anyone with a plausibe level of authority to ok it.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available