Report: Powell Falsely Named Lawyers In Election Suits

Great. They’re lawyers, they can sue Sidney Powell. Oh, but then they’d be deposed under oath about their involvement, so don’t hold your breath.

6 Likes

Rohl claimed he read Powell’s entire 830-page initial complaint in just “well over an hour” and didn’t make any changes to it.

Doing this and leaving his name on it pretty much sounds like signing off on it. It doesn’t matter how much or how little time he spent reading it.

5 Likes

his client didn’t draft the complaint and didn’t sign it. He “did not authorize anyone to put his name on it,”

Uh, did he inform the court of this “error” before the disciplinary process began?

5 Likes

The slimy trail of GOP corruption and crime is easy to follow…

3 Likes

There is if you think bad faith lawyering should have consequences. And that is precisely why eight of them (including Powell) have been referred by a federal judge to their states’ disciplinary organizations.

3 Likes

What a Gangsta environment Trump has created. As a Boy Scout, I remember the attention placed on Jamborees. What an assemblage…

Trump’s Jamborees, the gangstas stick around and don’t go back home like the BSA.

2 Likes

Maybe this is what they meant when they said that Sidney Powell was releasing the Kraken. I.e., a shitstorm of lies and bullshit and added names of lukewarm participants.

3 Likes

They’ve all got more serious things to worry about:

2 Likes

There is no doubt that Rohl, the lawyer who admitted to reading the complaint which had to have his name on it, should be disciplined. Wood I do not believe him for a second that he was not involved. If I was disciplinary counsel I would asking for all his communications which I am sure will reveal emails and phone calls with Powell. I believe that is probably true for most of this cadre of traitors. As attorneys, we all take an oath when we join our respective bars which is that we will be subject to the laws of our state and the United States and that we will support the constitution of our state and that of the United States. Traitors all of them and they should be prosecuted as such, not just disbarred.

10 Likes

Wouldn’t that be blocked by attorney client privliege?

It could normally, but the defense is that they knew nothing about this lawsuit or specifically the complaint. Powell is not their lawyer but a co-conspirator. Rules of Professional Conduct 1.6(a) states that lawyer shall not reveal information relating to the representation of a client . . . Who is the client in this case? The former sore loser? If so, then those communication with that DJTraitor would be confidential but not necessarily between lawyers who are now saying they had nothing to do with the case. If they are not actually part of the DJTraitor’s legal team, then those communications are not privileged. They cannot have it both ways.

5 Likes

Really. He should have advised the court the same day he was made aware his name was on a pleading without his authorization. He’s got a legal and ethical duty to do so.

10 Likes

I’m rather surprised Powell didn’t include Clarence Darrow as a signee of the complaint.

3 Likes

Sindey Powell? Don’t know her. Maybe I met her once. Didn’t leave an impression. I have no idea how my name got all over those lawsuits.

2 Likes

Good point, and I guess powell can’t attempt to invoke A-C privilege on behalf of TFG if any of the emails contains material that her actual client would consider privileged, because that privilege was lost when she shared the material with the third party (the attorney before the disciplinary board).

5 Likes

OK, so from here forward he’s barred from ever contesting “I didn’t read the fine print” as an argument for releasing someone from a contract.

3 Likes

Join the Trump Legal team1 Come for the money, leave with the stench!

2 Likes

Kinda hard to disallow it if Sidney Powell is just naming lawyers willy nilly. But my guess is they had notice that she believed they were on board, via pre-filing drafts with their names on the complaints.

4 Likes

No, work product.

That lawyer who read the whole 800 pages? And signed off on it but made no edits or suggestions?

Oh, that’s just so much bs. Page one would tell you this was a crock, and thinking there might be something redemptive further on makes you look totally stupid.

3 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available