Rep. Raúl Grijalva Tests Positive For Coronavirus | Talking Points Memo

Call it the Gohmert Virus.

5 Likes

With the number of congresscritters spreading droplets everywhere… it’s a miracle more have not come down with it. I really don’t want to hate anyone… but I truly do despise with all my being the republican politicians who flout covid like it’s a cold.

14 Likes

2 :laughing:

3 Likes

too soon?
(In Gilbert Gottfreid’s voice)

5 Likes

Or, contrary to the shake-and-bake treatment, I recommend Cocytus. Dante describes Cocytus in his Divine Comedy as a frozen lake. Dante also says that masks there are mandatory (I think).

5 Likes

How many more people has Gohmert infected? This is just the start.

9 Likes

Rush Limbaugh called Covid a bad cold back at the end of January. Why? because it is a coronavirus similar in type but not related to one of the many viruses that cause a cold in humans. His comment was made based on extremely limited data and a leap of assumption that has proven to be utterly without any merit whatsoever.

10 Likes

I love that you are calling him Moscow Mitch. He hates it, it gets under his skin, and it is the truth. Amen.

7 Likes

There was report on NPR from a Miami neurologist talking about some of effects of COVID, things like clots, Rhabdomyolysis, nerve loss, and delirium. And this is what he was seeing in younger adults who were hospitalized for COVID.

13 Likes

“While I cannot blame anyone directly for this,” said Grijalva, while looking at a photo of Goober Gohmert. Get well Raul.

5 Likes

Just a tad, but also too funny.

3 Likes

I hope to fuck this makes him famous…in a bad way.

13 Likes

It appears that the Trump administration ignored Grijalva’s wishes to have that meeting, attended by Gohmert, virtually. Grijalva has co-morbidities. The Rs didn’t give a damn, unless one concludes that they are actively waging biowarfare against the D caucus.

14 Likes

I had to look up Rhabdomyolysis.
Rapid muscle loss that damages the kidneys.

9 Likes

Kevin, How 'bout taking to Jared Kushner? Testing was in his now abandoned portfolio.
And speaking of testing Kevin, it was republican goobers who flouted wearing masks. So your side is hardly blameless.

18 Likes

What will it take for the Republicans to admit they screwed the pooch on this one?

6 Likes

So the GOP needs to spread all sorts of infections.

How patriotic!

1 Like

So you want Jared to send the 1.6 million tests that he and his buds bought from someone in UEA that don’t work, and weren’t purchased by going through the normal process to Congress? :smirk:

7 Likes

Demonstrating the genome in Louie’s strain of the virus is exactly the same as that in Raul’s case, That would be Q.E.D. as they say in the science trade.

9 Likes

In this they were prescient and correct.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available