READ: Top GOP Staffer On Armed Services Resigns In Disgust With Election Lies | Talking Points Memo

Good for Jason Schmid! It takes courage and principle to publicly stand up to power in a forthright and honest manner, giving up your job in the process. Everyday, the dedicated civil servants who work in our government give shame to the political renegades like too many in the Republican party whose only motive is to challenge and do damage to our government and our country.

We should all wish Mr. Schmid good fortune in the future.

17 Likes

Good but small potatoes.

1 Like

If that’s what it takes to wake you up…
Maybe think things through next time?

1 Like

So did the reporter with the Billings Gazette ask Rosendale about the dead police officer and the other officers that were injured in the attack?

10 Likes

Rats fleeing a sinking ship in the 11th hour.
Yes, by all means he should be saved from the gallows so he can share what he knows, but he gets no praise beyond this.

He’s resigning AFTER a failed coup as charged are being passed out. “I’m not with these guys. I mean, sure, we worked together for FOUR YEARS but I had no idea”… like these fools were quiet about rejecting legally cast ballots or secretive of their plot leading up to the 6th, and towards the inauguration.

You think he’d be resigning if their plot had succeeded?

6 Likes

Like I said in another thread, the bare minimum for any, I mean any, discussion with any and all Republicans to even start, we must be hearing these words coming from their lips:

“Trump lied, Biden won fair and square in the November election.”

28 Likes

The Republican party is coming to a reckoning, there is just no way it can contain both people who agitate for the overthrow of the Biden administration and people who are patriots with conservative opinions. Mitt Romney and Jim Jordan cannot exist in the same party, especially when the Jordanites are attempting to overthrow the democratically elected government.

Yes, the conservatives should have done more, they should have rejected this nonsense long ago, but that’s the past…with more insurrectionist activity coming, they are going to need to chose between America and the possibility of losing the next election because of offending the awful base that they fear. It’s that attar now, those of us paying attention have known things were this bad for a long time but now the entire world knows, and is watching.

It’s also good that people like this are resigning…the staff that supports committees isn’t really the same as the staff in Jordan’s office, they are more like professionals doing a job and not nearly as partisan (usually). A lot of them have been fighting from the inside to hold back the nonsense, working to keep things running despite the interference of politicians like Jordan…and, they have seen it as their duty to do so, instead of abandoning the field to bad actors like Kash Patel. They can actually have a large effect on Congress by doing this, one that we won’t really see. Let’s hope for more people to pull out of the traitor caucus.

16 Likes

This.

11 Likes

Word.

The ravens that joyfully fly acrobatics above the mountains of Montana keep their black plumage through the winter and call loudly, not trying to hide. They know much more about spirituality than Rosendale, and if confronted would not have his problem of looking you in the eye.

3 Likes

Anyone who watched … should have been galvanized to rebuke these insurrectionists in the strongest terms. Instead, some members … chose to put political theater ahead of the defense of the Constitution and the republic

All of our words and actions … reveal those who believe in defending the Constitution, and those who stand only for self interest and sectarianism.

the failure of so many Republican members of the committee to put the nation above electoral politics compels my resignation

This guy just keeps on nailing it. What a fine letter.

14 Likes

Apparently Mitch McConnell has just come out in favor of impeachment. I think Trump will be gone on Thursday.

13 Likes

10 Likes

Somebody should ask him if he’s willing to change his party affiliation to Democratic.

We’re going to need to bridge the divide.

3 Likes

Another coward who “just found out” where he stands on the issues.
Yeah, because the right wing terrorists haven’t been telegraphing their intentions for weeks if not months.
No thanks. Why don’t you just quietly go away instead of the phony “virtue signaling”?

We’ve seen a lot of phony resignations on “principle.”

His wasn’t one.

4 Likes

Have the residents of Parlerville declared him a pedophile, yet?

2 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/us/mitch-mcconnell-trump-impeachment.html

6 Likes

Wow.

WOW…

2 Likes

I’m not sure he should be completely lumped in here. As a Congressional staffer, still on the minority team, his latest “term” has just started with Congress this session. I’m not saying that perhaps some skepticism is in order, but it does seem like all the nonsense around this election culminating in the failed insurrection really was a “last straw” and not just running for cover. Perhaps…

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available