READ: Impeachment Inquiry Releases Testimony Of NSC Official Alexander Vindman | Talking Points Memo

…'Cuz none of us is quite so - umm - smart as you is.

1 Like

FIFY! :wink:

4 Likes

wow. cool plot. when will the movie come out? will nicholas cage be in it? will ivanka play herself? i just hope it isn’t one of those trilogies.

1 Like

Oh, it will be. With the last book split into two movies, of course. Maybe three.

So you’re gonna see a lot of Jr. on-screen.

5 Likes

i think i’ll pass. guess i’ll just have to follow along as it happens. maybe take notes. you know, to memorialize it in all its glory.

1 Like

This reminds me of Spike Milligan’s military memoirs. Miligan was the driving force behind “the Goon Show”, a precursor to and inspiration for the Monty Python gang. Among a lot of other stuff, Milligan wrote a series of books outlining his service in the Royal Artillery in WW II.

His first book was called “Adolf Hitler: My Part in His Downfall”, the second was called “Rommel? Gunner Who?”. By the time he got to volume four, it was:

“Mussolini: His Part in My Downfall”, which was announced as the fourth part of his “increasingly misnamed trilogy”. He went on to write three more in the series.

Sort of like Star Wars, but better…

6 Likes

My read on Sondland is that he basically understood what trump wanted and sought to the best of his ability to make it happen.

However, he was getting mixed signals from trump when he asked for clarification that essentially boiled down to “I want you to execute an extortion, but this is not an extortion.”

Probably not as corrupt as trump, Sondland couldn’t crack that code, and in frustration, trump took it upon himself to close the sale himself in the July 25 call.

12 Likes

hey. give sondland a break. not everyone speaks mob boss.

6 Likes

Ah, but the strawberries, that’s, that’s where I had them, they laughed at me and made jokes, but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt, with geometric logic, that a duplicate key to the ward room icebox did exist…

4 Likes

Sure its not Angola? I was sure it was Angola…or was it Argentina?

2 Likes

I guess he wasn’t properly vetted by the trump people first.

1 Like

Namibia?

1 Like

Reality os what trump thinks it is and so it is.

This man is nuts to use the vernacular.
He’s jetted to Georgia to boost some senator lackey at a rally in which the senator will hardly matter at all. It will be ALL TRUMP. His EGO, His NEEDS, His BRAIN, His PERFECT PHONE CALL. And he thinks by repetition that people will believe his carnival barker bullshit. No doubt some will. Some will buy the t-shirt that says “read the transcript”. Well they ought to because then they’ll see that it was about a deal. Missiles for a made up story on Joe Biden and his son. This is illegal.

52 USC 30121 §30121. Contributions and donations by foreign nationals

Even if the deal falls thru and doesn’t happen, the attempt is also illegal. And a deal is a quid pro quo. Did not trump bill himself as the World’s All Time Best Deal Maker in the History of Deal Making? Isn’t that how he says he got obscenely rich? Did he not co-author a book called “The Art of the Deal”? And remember that at the heart if any deal is “something for something” which in Latin translates to “quid pro quo”.

1 Like

No sir… Current Occupant says Nambia, Nambia it is. Ask @playitagainrowlf or @castor_troy or @mattinpa or @tena or @littlegirlblue ; they know everything!

6 Likes

Conservatives, with the help of Fox news and a lot of the mainstream media, DO shape reality, or rather, American’s understanding of it. But most of them are reasonably sane and have IQs. They’re able to shape a narrative that at least seems plausible. Trump’s delusionally crazy, too stupid to even measure, and probably a meth addict. And yet he still seems to convince a biggish percentage of people to join him in his inside-out-spinning-backwards-world.

I wish the media and the Democratic party would keep pointing out that Trump withheld badly needed aid from Ukraine. His keeps shuffling his “reasons”, but we can be 99.99% sure he did it at Putin’s instigation. I do wish they’d point this out more clearly and more often. It matters that the President is taking orders from an enemy government… his ravings and excuses for doing so are just so much frosting on the treason cake.

1 Like

“I guess he wasn’t properly vetted by the trump people first.”

dude. sondland gave over a million bucks for trump’s inauguration festivities. that gets you the keys to the kingdom.

4 Likes

Dear Lord. Not another nothingberder.

3 Likes

Well, people can’t be allowed to go offscript and just start putting factual information like the names of real countries on Current Occupant’s lips, can they? It ain’t right…

6 Likes

Nambia is real. It’s right between Slobodovia and Manageria, on the lovely waters of the Carithinan Sea.

I know, it’s been a few years since you were in school, but surely you remember some of the basic political geography of the planet.

5 Likes

I met two Carithinanites on holiday last summer. Went to church with them and ate dinner with the family afterwards. It was a very spiritual experience.

1 Like
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available