Raskin Shares Details Of Personal Tragedy That Unfolded Alongside Capitol Attack | Talking Points Memo

Rep. Jamie Raskin’s (D-MD) daughter and son-in-law barricaded themselves in an office as insurrectionists overtook the Capitol Building on Jan. 6.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1359111

This is the the type of stories Republicans love.
More sorrow and hurt that they can inflict on non Trumpers.

3 Likes

I’m wondering who sent the word down from on high that Republicans from the Senate, House, and their various staff were not to talk about their experience during the riot.
I know I keep talking about this but, 01/06 was a big deal, right up there with 9/11 for shock value. And yet the impression I get from Republicans is it was nothing. Someone ordered them to zip it.

6 Likes

It’s part of the “Heartlessness Clause” detailed in the fine print of their employment with/by Republicans.

2 Likes

It is called: If you don’t talk about it, it didn’t happen. Move on with thoughts and prayers (though they stopped saying that this time).

1 Like

Let me see now…who exactly was it who cowered in a bunker during non-violent protests?..

2 Likes

This guy, orange guy, I don’t remember his name… He’s a total has-been now. On the tip of my tongue… Nope. Nothing.

(Sorry, I just had to do this. It brings me enormous pleasure.)

4 Likes

Yes, I had the same thought: the GOP silence and indifference to the injuries of people are calculated

2 Likes