Putin Blames US For ‘Degraded’ Relations While Announcing Suspension Of Last Nuclear Arms Agreement

After decades of progress on limiting the buildup of nuclear weapons, Russia’s war on Ukraine has prompted renewed nuclear tensions between Russia and the United States.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1448838
1 Like

STFU Pootie… go buy another republican

2 Likes

You’d think that the US was the one preventing inspectors at nuclear sites given his whine.

4 Likes

“Putin Blames US…”

What a coincidence – so do his GOP boot lickers in Congress!

11 Likes

Unnatural right arm position.

2 Likes

Whereas the Right Wing position is very natural for him

1 Like

Putin has his mutually reliant and criminal oligarchs and stupidly gullible sycophants. The Repub autocrat wannabes have and seek the same. It’s damned pathetic for the future of democracy.

2 Likes

“It’s VERY natural.”

2 Likes

Fuck Putin.

That is all.

1 Like

“Why did you make me hit you again?”

4 Likes

PRECISELY!!!
Putin is a psychopathic lying abuser - an irretrievable mind game playing sadist - possibly to his very core - or possibly as a result of learning to be a cruel and sadistic thug within the KGB … learned by repetitively doing? or by observing and aspiring to be accepted into the ranks of the most cruel - makes little difference as the final result has obviously been the same.

1 Like

Putin seems weak. His Ukraine misadventure has reduced his stature in the world and laid bare the corrosive effects of time, larceny, profiteering, and neglect on his army and his arsenal. I wonder about the condition of his nukes. But he’s gonna rattle that saber while he has the rapt attention of the repubs and their voters in the US. Hell, Tucker might even have him on his show for fairness and balance. But Putin playing to America’s current problem with fascist thinking (christians, republicans, and nazis, oh my!) shows his true positional weakness. He’s desperate for a shift in the narrative and he desperately needs support.

Any idea what’s going on there?

1 Like

Let’s hope they find out soon—from the autopsy results.

1 Like

Look in the mirror Vlad. That’s the guy who started the Ukraine war.
Vlad, if you want to set things right pull your troops out of Ukraine. Then send your entire military command structure to the Hague to answer for war crime charges along with yourself.

1 Like

I hope Vlad suffers in agony before he croaks.

1 Like

This is Putin rattling his nuclear saber. Not even sure you can just “suspend” a treaty and later resume it when convenient even if treaties are by their very nature reliant on voluntary compliance (it will depend on whether or not Russia actually violates the treaty and causes the U.S. to then withdraw from it). While still troubling, this has little impact on the chance of Russia using smaller yield nuclear weapons against Ukraine which remains small.

1 Like

None.

Pretty sure I’ve seen him favoring that arm before. Stroke? I wonder if there’s video of him walking in.