PHOTOS: Mayhem Breaks Out As Trump Supporters Storm Capitol Building | Talking Points Memo

The United States Capitol went into lockdown soon after hundreds of Trump supporters barnstormed on the day the joint session of Congress is set to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1352712
1 Like

Saw image of Pelosi’s desk
Mob is in various offices. This means confidential info is loose.
And trump does nothing
He could stop this largely if he wanted to but he will not. He wants this coup

I hope a shit load of people are arrested. trump being one.

I have spent time in dangerous 3rd world countries in my youth and never have I seen shit like this except in Prague in August 1968 when the Russian Army showed up with tanks

20 Likes

Can’t they reach Fat Nixon on the golf course?

3 Likes

Did you see that black guy in the middle of the pack?

Yeah, me neither.

8 Likes

How compromised is the Capitol Hill police force?
Really stunning that these rioters even broached the grounds, much less occupy the inner chambers and offices.

9 Likes

NO ONE could have foreseen this.

10 Likes

I’m confused. How is this helping their cause? (ELI5 please).

WaPo reporting one shot inside Capitol. Dare I hope? Can I pick who’s next?

1 Like

Protesters my ass. These are rioters. A rioting mob of losers.

13 Likes

The Capitol Hill force had to hold back because most of the protesters where white. You can bet if they were primarily ‘people of color’ there would be many human casualties, in addition to our Democracy.

9 Likes

Not really. They’re all the right (read: overwhelmingly white) color.

8 Likes

It was spoken of by the Proud Boys yesterday

5 Likes

We wonder if the SCIFs are secure?

5 Likes

There was a woman shot in the chest who was in critical condition. That’s all I heard from cnn. Also a policeman injured … don’t know any detail about him.

5 Likes

I am sorry, anyone who has been paying attention to Trump and his Toady supplicants could well foresee this coming.

And where is the Department of Homeland Security through all this? Where is Chad Wolf? (Probably hiding under his desk)

10 Likes

When they tell you who they are, believe them, for sure!

7 Likes

President Biden is speaking now.

Biden speaking…

I was stationed at Andrews Air Force Base when Rev Martin Luther King was assassinated.
Of course there was riots.
We did not receive our Vietnam causalities because troops were being air lifted in to protect our Government.
Trump could do the same but his people may not like him.
Trump should be removed now and never see the light of day.

10 Likes

I heard mention of an I.E.D. being found in the Capitol on MSNBC a few minutes ago. I don’t know anything else than that, or whether it is a rumor.

1 Like