Pelosi To Announce Whether She’ll Set Up Select Committee To Probe Jan. 6 This Week

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) will announce this week whether she’ll set up a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection, following the Republican filibuster of an independent commission to do the same work.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1378679
1 Like

Just investigate these mother*******s in any way possible, and expose and expel the traitors in Congress who have direct ties to the the 1/6 terrorists.

Oh…and start messaging better. I should be seeing streaming ads constantly, tying the Republican party to violence and domestic terrorism, with lots of still shots of Capitol rioters attacking police officers.

22 Likes

Drop the bomb and do it, Madam Speaker.

Expose the GQP treason and sedition.

21 Likes

JHFC.

4 Likes

I think you mean weather…

Gotta see which way the wind is blowing.

3 Likes

She won’t because it would be unfair for Democrats to do a Benghazi-style investigation.

2 Likes

There should be no question that Republicans need not participate. NO QUESTION. We have seen in news coverage from the day of the insurrection onward that many elected Republicans were the perpetrators. It would literally be near impossible to have a “bipartisan” committee that would do a decent investigation.

And we need a decent, public investigation. This act was unprecedented in American history. If Republicans can spend several years and endless re-investigations of BENGHAZI!!! and HER EMAILS!!! on an obviously partisan witch hunt, then it’s perfectly okay for Democrats alone (and independents) to do a real and valid investigation of this horrific, undemocratic act of treason and sedition.

Dems need to take off the gloves and start making the case.

21 Likes

The party that instigated, aided and abetted the insurrection doesn’t want to investigate it, therefor we should brush it off lest we look partisan. Amending the penal code to say you cannot prosecute a suspect without his consent would clear up the court backlog

18 Likes

“any way the wind blows doesn’t really matter to me, to me” < heavy guitar riff >

7 Likes

Because you’re easy come, easy go?
Little high? Little low?

9 Likes

Will they have Subpoena power? It is all a meaningless exercise without Subpoena power. As for Republican rejection of the findings: that will happen no matter what.

6 Likes

I think the only chance for Dems to escape decimation in 2022 and 2024 is to go on a total war footing. Pres. Biden has to abandon the pretense that ‘bipartisanship’ is still possible and directly call out GOP obstruction and anti-democratic actions. The Dem election message should be simple: vote for Dems and you get to keep a functioning democracy that works for the middle and working classes. Elect Republicans and you will lurch closer to a Russian-style, oligarch led autocracy. The Dems must increase their margins in the Senate, eliminate or modify the filibuster, and get things done. That won’t be easy, but I see only doom on the current trajectory.

17 Likes

Yes, and how many times can a man turn his head
And pretend that he just doesn’t see?

5 Likes

Such firm decisiveness is breathtaking to behold.

3 Likes

“…will our voices be heard or will they break like the wind”

Spinal Tap
“Break Like the Wind”

3 Likes

OT. That bird ain’t singing. As Consiglieri to the Famiglia, he was accomplice to all kinds of crimes. Amd 73 he is better off clamming up.

6 Likes

Will you let me go?

4 Likes

Well if that man, woman, or just human is wearing contacts then they will turn their head in a wind, because yes they just can’t see.

2 Likes

To “Republican dismissal and accusations of partisanship”, I say BRING IT.

6 Likes

Yes they will have subpoena power. But more entertainingly will the subjects of those subpoenas claim “executive privilege”?

And we all scoffed at Trump’s MAGA! slogan, we just didn’t realize that it was code for: Make Assholes Get Attorneys!

4 Likes