Pelosi Revels In Trump-Free White House: ‘What A Difference A Day Makes!’

It’s been about 24 hours since now-former President Donald Trump slunk away from the White House for good, and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), for one, is elated.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1355946
1 Like

It’s like an fat, orange weight has been lifted. Thank FSM.

I had the strangest feeling waking up this morning. Finally figured out my snark reserve had been completely exhausted, but not feeling a need to immediately replenish it, as I had to daily for the last four years.

28 Likes

It’s like when the car alarm that has been blaring for hours finally shuts off.

59 Likes

Is the air cleaner? It seems like it’s tons easier to breathe.

22 Likes

Who?

12 Likes

Did Nancy break out in song, sing it con gusto?

14 Likes

Cue un-self-aware Republicans regurgitating talking points about how this is undignified triumphalism…

11 Likes

‘What A Difference A Day Makes!’

Yeah, keep driving on the shitgibbon and his enablers.
Toot your own horn: let folks know what’s been, and is being done, for the American people. And don’t hesitate to remind them that none of this would have come to pass under the previous regime.

8 Likes

55 Likes

There’s a special place in hell for the inventors of noisy shit like that.

8 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what to do with this immense sense of calm that has descended.

It will take awhile to get used to it.

I want to thank you, Nancy, for all you’ve done.

49 Likes

Freedumb!

So glad Georgia came through so we can get something done. Put the pedal to the metal Joe, d voters can be lazy getting out to vote in the midterms!

9 Likes

Send off from Jimmy Kemmell

And that’s that. pic.twitter.com/PKwLPv1Sxf

— Jimmy Kimmel (@jimmykimmel) January 20, 2021
14 Likes

Check out the announcer…
Back when he was a Democrat!
How fitting.

4 Likes

O man that’s awesome!

Move bitch get out the way! hahahahahahahahaha

10 Likes

I think focus on Trump - now - is not necessarily a bad thing. Since he has no twitter and disinformation is waning anything about him looks even more terrible. On relative terms this also will buoy Biden’s appearances.

8 Likes

Madam Speaker making damned sure to put the stake right through the heart of Trump revanchism.

30 Likes

We finally at long last have an actual President…an adult in charge
What a refreshing feeling. It’s not that Biden is a democrat…it’s that he is a rational caring adult who takes responsibility and leads for a change. Yeah there will be fuck ups but so far it’s looking like Joe has plans. Actual plans. How refreshing is that? So, for now I am gonna capitalize his title as I did not for the past 4 years. President. That feels really good.

30 Likes

I, too, am thrilled that the Orange Ignoramus is gone. Unfortunately, we can’t enjoy that for very long. We’ve got to produce tangible change and this has to be accomplished fast; the day before yesterday. The tasks set before Joe’s administration are truly Herculean.

An anchor four years in the making is pulling us all down. Joe’s done a good job hacking away at the lines tied to that anchor, but they are tough. The EOs go a big way towards a start. People need money. Landlords and mortgages need to be paid. Families need food. Alliances need strengthening. Climate change needs to be addressed. What Joe has done in one day is an exceptionally good start, but we need to pipeline legislation through the House and Senate while also Convicting Satan’s Avatar in the Senate; He must not be allowed to hold public office again. The filibuster has got to go. Voting rights must be improved. Gerrymandering (a state-level problem) must be eliminated.

So much to do, so little time. I know I’m preaching to the choir here, but I’ll help wherever I can.

9 Likes

Watched all of the festivities with friends yesterday since we couldn’t go in person. We were all marveling at the same thing, that it’s like this big weight off, and that we really made it, and it hasn’t quite clicked that it’s real.

29 Likes