Paul Ryan Researched Narcissistic Personality Disorder ‘For Weeks’ After Trump’s 2016 Win | Talking Points Memo

“I believe I’m a fly, I believe I can touch this guy”
(wouldn’t know R Kelly from…all let you figure this one out yourself)

2 Likes

The candidate or the donors?

12 Likes

which prompted Ryan to start researching how to deal with someone who is “amoral and transactional,” the book says.

I think he made his first mistake right there. Willing to bet he felt he could manipulate Trump. The whole damn GOP did, but if they did their research, they would have known he would eat them alive to begin with with any capitulation. Whatever lessons they learned, they failed to actually understand them. Resist, remove or contain is about the best you can do. Instead they rolled over, showed their bellies and said “Do Me!”, broke down just about any barrier Trump would have been slowed down by and they certainly didn’t remove him from creating harm.

9 Likes

Since it is becoming more and more clear that Trump is genuinely on a trajectory that is modeling Hitler … will 2024 be the stage of his progression where he turns off the smoke machine and just plain runs as an out & out White Supremacist? You know … “preserve the Fatherland” … “halt the erosion of ethnic purity”

5 Likes

Correct. Except for the research part.

1science1

6 Likes

Is this one of those snake eating its self thingy?

4 Likes

Yeah, but only after the Allies liberated Paris.

4 Likes

So now you want us blind and dumb? Where does the deaf part come in?

1 Like

… what he like the most … was washing a large brand new clean shiny stainless bowl … because he could look at his reflection and smile the whole time.

3 Likes

I recall bringing up NPD a lot in regards to TFG during the campaign and the following days/weeks/months/years of 2016-2020 as I had studied it for 2 years prior thanks to that SOB I unfortunately got involved with, so I knew all too well what we were dealing with.
Those lessons in NPD and ending up with what was originally his Black Lab were the only good things to come out of that personal shit show.

The first time I heard TFG do his sing song voice, which is his gas lighting voice, it was worse than nails down a chalkboard for me. Hit mute every time that bastard opened his anus mouth on the TeeVee and never followed his tweets other than joining the group to make fun of them.

Lock Him Up

21 Likes

He’s speaking to the ignorant Republicans. THEY need science.

2 Likes

‘his party’
That might actually be somewhat forgiveable. What they actually did was proceeded to abandon their own party platform in favor of a cult of personality orbiting a corrupt autocratic fuckwit with NPD.
And they wonder why people call them fascist…

5 Likes

I’m doing the unforgivable, mixing two songs-Thomas Dolby and The Who.

4 Likes

I think many in the GOP are already there.

5 Likes

Trump explained:

For me = Good People

Not for me = Bad

Changeable without warning depending on transactional situations and circumstances.

6 Likes

It’s what the kids call a “mashup”
Some are actually pretty good music.

2 Likes

May be good for a mashup, but hard to pull off a punup.

3 Likes

Looks like Ryan has an issue of his own…making rabbit ears in the photo, behind the heads of nonexistent people

2 Likes

Paul Ryan?

The last time I saw that name, it was on a milk carton with a picture of his missing spine.

27 Likes

I would say that their deal with the Devil hasn’t paid off. The GQP own the entire mess and they’re stuck with it.

4 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available