Paul Ryan Researched Narcissistic Personality Disorder ‘For Weeks’ After Trump’s 2016 Win | Talking Points Memo

This is not unique. In the Trump context though, it was so far off the rails that the train was on another continent. I have seen this type though in business, getting away with all sorts of egregious behavior with excuses made by the execs above the individual. They are accepting of anything as long as the results are what they want them to be, including keeping the preferred shareholders happy. But when things begin to crumble, the picture changes. That is the thing that failed here, it all crumbled and they haven’t got the message yet. Right now, they are still of the belief they are a proper political party, can get back into power and it wall be honky dory after.

1 Like

He did… Paul Ryan…shrugged.

Miles Taylor, aka Anonymous, said it was a lot.

Name a (western) naval building contract that wasn’t.

That was Rand Paul. Paul Ryan was in the House, not the Senate, and he was gone from Congress by the time COVID started.

2 Likes

I can never keep my assholes straight.

2 Likes

Dr. Sigmoid Colon, at your service.

As I recall, he got his wife and kids to play along with the scam. Teaching the kids early to be duplicitous weasels.

2 Likes

Pretty crazy stuff. I think it is beyond my chemical or my LC classification. Sorry for not being able to respond to this with an adequate discussion… Other than an acceptance of this biblical taxonomical filing as something other than fiction. LC Class TL785.

1 Like

A lot of Ignition! is personal stories, and reflection on science. The reflections are mostly on the nature of secrecy and the failure to know the work that preceded you. Secrecy makes it harder to know what people have already done, so you get to repeat their mistakes.

I’m fond of the ClF3 story because the compound sounds evil, a thing no rational person would want to use if any alternative (oh, 97% H2O2 for example) existed.

Here are some samples of what CTF does to plexiglas, rubber gloves, leather gloves, etc.

There is also F2O2 (more appropriately symbolized FOOF) which is nearly as evil as CTF, except that it’s unstable except at cryogenic temperatures. The things chemists make are amazing.

1 Like

I do know a tiny little bit, but nothing beyond college inorganic and organic chem. But explosion with no heat and no flame? That gets me into a whole new category. I am not a chemist. But I love the idea of spontaneous combustion!

I forgot to add – I will definitely ILL this book. I am definitely intrigued. Thanks for the major nudge!

1 Like

@ncsteve
Prilosec
Dinner …

1 Like

Mr. C’s my avatar over at Lawyers, Guns & Money :wink:

and speaking of malignant narcissists, didn’t he get totally busted claiming false marathon times? and claiming great budget expertise because he read Ayn Rand?

1 Like

I’m on Previcid, thanks. But those slow release prescriptions you take first thing in the morning aren’t up to the task of keeping things where they belong with it when one stupidly succumbs to an urgent yen for salsa and chips at 10:00 pm.

2 Likes

It’s not like they were not told to be careful of Donnie…that he was massively emotionally damaged and dangerous. They did not care as long as they could ride this wave of disfunction into the Oval Office, and into power…always their primary goal.

2 Likes

He was an acolyte of Ayn Rand, which indicates an equal degree of gullible stupidity.

1 Like

Pence pretty much lost the base when he declined to overturn the election in Donnie’s favor. The rest of us are pretty much: You gotta be kidding. So he can run, but who in god’s name is going to vote for him?

And, presumably, a faithful Catholic. Go figure…

2 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available