Patience Wears Thin As Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Hangs In The Balance | Talking Points Memo

You’re forgetting that most of those children have parents that are welfare frauds and people of color, who don’t deserve clean water. That’s how Flint got there in the first place.

I wish I were being sarcastic.

9 Likes

Bear in mind that the HandwringingStan Nation was up in arms because Trump forbade GOPers working on the BPISB to continue.

This is significant.

Tell the fucker “No Dice.

12 Likes

Yes welfare fraud but NO to tax cheats.

Republicans advertise their subservience to their donor class with ZERO shame.

10 Likes

Why does the Media, including TPM call this a Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill? It is a Republican Bill because Democrats on this committee have given up on all their intiatives.

If only there was someway to reconcile this.

6 Likes

Surprising? Not!

15 Likes

“One of the pay fors is going after unemployment insurance fraud.”

Sure, they replaced IRS enforcement against the filthy rich with this, but honestly, who cares? Fraud is fraud and if this gets it done, then fucking get it done.

Now…just put the fucking IRS enforcement in the reconciliation bill if it can be done via reconciliation.

19 Likes

Well, when morons elect an uber-moron who knows nothing about anything, I guess this is what you get. Has anyone told him he had TP stuck to his shoe boarding AF One? He’d be MIFFED.

4 Likes

I don’t even read pieces on the bipartisan deal anymore. I’m tired of the hype about nothing.

1 Like

It just got interesting!

Here’s a wild idea: is there any possibility that Biden could mentor Sinema a little bit and show her the ropes?

I told you it was a wild idea.

I’ll be going now.

7 Likes

Trump just might want to review the history of the phrase “Infrastructure Week” during his administration–specifically, what he himself or members of his administration did within a day or two of his announcing an “Infrastructure Week” that in some way derailed (no pun intended) his intentions. Then, he can go look in a mirror if he really wants to find someone deserving of his being “miffed.”

6 Likes

If I ever meet Bob Denver I’m gonna ask what the “G” in Maynard G. Krebs stands for.
Also I think “Dobie Gillis” was the original “show about nothing” and Maynard was the original Kramer.

12 Likes

Until 10 GOP Senators vote for the bill, there is no “deal” or “agreement”.

4 Likes

He’s been gone for a few years.

Bob Denver - Wikipedia

5 Likes

Yeah, it was clearly a road trip to meet him.

7 Likes

infrastructure deal

Unfortunately, all the road crews are too sick to work.

Nice timing, Trumpers.

4 Likes

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) over in the Senate this morning, who said this morning that he’s inclined to advance the bill, but would like to read it first.

I do not believe Graham would ever base his decision on what he reads in a bill. I don’t think he would even read a bill, I mean, why bother?

9 Likes

A three hour tour
A three hour tour

9 Likes

Fucking gremlins.

13 Likes

Yeah, its hard to interpret this new position in any other way:

One of the pay fors is going after unemployment insurance fraud.

Its similar to their other position that they oppose an increased gas tax payfor, but are open to fees on electric vehicles.

Also this point:

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) told Anthony Adragna and Annie Snider that the agreement included $15 billion in funding to remove lead pipes from drinking water systems — something the White House wanted, but with a $45 billion price tag to replace all lead lines across the country.

Just to get this straight, the ‘bipartisan’ process is pushing a bill to fund removing/replacing lead pipes in only 33% of the drinking water systems?

Specifically, I would question Manchin/Sinema about whether they would commit to voting for enough funds to remove 100% of lead from our drinking water, no exceptions.

8 Likes
Comments are now Members-Only
Join the discussion Free options available