Paranoia strikes deep

Trump is amassing unheard of military ordinance and troop numbers in the capitol, supposedly for a ‘parade’. And Pence has been recalled to the White House, for reasons no one can explain.

Something is going on.

This could be really, really bad.

Hopefully, Friday morning will roll around and I’ll just look like an idiot. That would really be the best way things could turn out here.

1 Like

I hope so too. I’ll be quite happy on Friday morning if you look like an idiot.

…maybe not the idiot part, I just want you to be wrong.

5 Likes

Had he given federal employees Friday off I would be even more paranoid.

5 Likes

I think this was an episode of GI Joe…

3 Likes

I’m really not that worried. the fact of the matter is that Trump and company are so fucking inept at everything they do, that they would fuck it up even if they tried.

14 Likes

They would coup themselves into prison. Like Ubu Roi.

2 Likes

I was just about to post a wager here in the Hive regarding whether or not, sometime in the next 48 hours, whether by tweet, free associating on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial or otherwise, Orange Julius makes a “joking” threat to use “his” tanks on Dems, Liberals, etc. You know the usual list of his enemies

4 Likes

It’s “Mad Dog” Pence that is going to make all the difference!

2 Likes

My radar is up given what is going on with the markets that have no basis in reality…

1 Like

Maybe Pence is planning to “Sadat” Trump during the military parade.

Pence, who was playing stupid for so long, then steps forward, his evil plan finally at fruition and takes command with an iron fist.

What is in this drink?

7 Likes

meh…

We’re not going to watch this farcical re-erection rally but I’d love later to see video of an Abrams turret rotating toward tRump and then smoke.

2 Likes

Times they are a changing.

I’m starting to get really scared. The following reporting from Axios actually brought tears to my eyes. If Trump succeeds, the negative consequences are far greater than just the 2020 Census.

1 Like

The article quotes a former federal judge:

"If the president of the United States were to issue an executive order, supported by his full Article II powers, directing that the citizenship question be included in the 2020 census, I believe the Supreme Court would affirm the constitutional power of the president to include the citizenship question in the census.”

Please read Article II and tell me where such a “power” is described.

2 Likes

Maybe he thinks that a census question rises to the level of a national emergency?

1 Like

We just had an impressive “bolt from the blue”, lightning absent a storm (although storms are in the area).

I found myself imagining one striking the tallest item on the podium as Trump speaks.

4 Likes

I am hoping for heatstroke. Actually, the heat part isn’t required.

2 Likes

Any “act-of-god” type event that ends the Trump shanghaiing of a national celebration would be welcome by me.

3 Likes

Well, apparently nothing happened. I am content, if not happy.

3 Likes

I believe that the sole basis for the idea that the president has any independent powers at all aside from the veto and the pardon power derives from the opening statement of Art II, “The executive power shall be vested in a president of the United States.” That general statement is thought to somehow mean that the president has the power to do whatever he wants that isn’t formally legislative or judicial. In practice, he actually does get to nullify legislation and court orders, but we’re cool with that as long as he calls what he’s doing an “Executive Order”.

Clearly, the executive power of the US must include the power to order people to do things, right? So what’s your problem with the holder of the executive power ordering his people to do things that mere courts and legislators have forbidden? Let them go back to writing laws and opinions. Issuing orders to people is part of the executive power.