‘Our Bad’: Editorial Board Apologizes For Endorsing GOPer Backing Election Steal Effort | Talking Points Memo

The Orlando Sentinel editorial board on Friday apologized for endorsing Rep. Michael Waltz (R-FL), who won reelection last month and has since supported a legal effort out of Texas that seeks to challenge the results of the presidential race won by Joe Biden.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1348823
1 Like

DUH! Moron. WTF would you expect from a Republican.

16 Likes

How jealous are those boogaloo guys right now? They thought they’d have to shoot cops to start Civil War 2. Turns out all you have to do is be a Republican congressman.

18 Likes

Wheels coming off of the Klown Kar.

15 Likes

Will the Sentinel now initiate an editorial campaign to recall Rep. Waltz?

18 Likes

This is clunky: “a green beret recipient for his military service”.

You don’t receive a green beret for your military service.

The Green Berets are the US Army Special Forces.

12 Likes

12 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the shooting the cops part was just one of the perks for the boogaloos.

4 Likes

It made me wonder how the Green Beret feels about being awarded to this traitor. Was he cool with it, or is it an involuntary assignment?

5 Likes

“We had no idea, had no way of knowing at the time, that Waltz was not committed to democracy,” the editorial board wrote

The “(R-FL)” after his name should have been a clue,

19 Likes

So how many news outlets are going to have to start asking more fundamental questions when they decide whom to endorse: Do you believe in one person, one vote? Do you believe in the rule of law? Do you believe gravity exists? Is the sky blue?

(No, I didn’t suggest they would all take the same actions with respect to the answers.)

8 Likes

“We had no idea, had no way of knowing at the time, that Waltz was not committed to democracy,”

Other than the tell-tale R after his name.

14 Likes

I guess now is the second best time to call him out as the traitor that he is.

11 Likes

There is an extremely dangerous virus spreading like wildfire across this country and it must be stopped before it destroys an entire polictical party. This virus is only known to attack Republicans and it makes them bat shit crazy. There is no known cure. Spread the word.

6 Likes

We had no idea, had no way of knowing at the time, that Waltz was not committed to democracy,” the editorial board wrote in an op-ed. WTF! He’s a Republican, and obviously one of the basket of deplorables. Shit, my high school news paper had a better editorial board.

6 Likes

You cannot apologize away the Bad of endorsing this newly hatched cretin.

And in other not news…get yours Paxton!

WASHINGTON —In response to the coronavirus pandemic, the White House is offering curbside pickup for Republican officials and other cronies who have ordered pardons from Donald J. Trump.

The White House made the decision to offer the contactless pardon-pickup option to accommodate the surging number of stooges and lackeys who have been shopping for pardons this holiday season.

Republicans looking to pick up their pardons may do so at a drive-through window outside the Oval Office from eight in the morning until nine at night, the White House announced.

Donald J. Trump or Mike Pence will personally dispense the pardons through the window, enabling pardon-seekers to remain safely in their cars.

The White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, urged Trump’s toadying enablers to pick up their pardons as early as possible. “Get your pardon first thing in the morning, and you’ll still have plenty of time to get to the Supreme Court to try to throw out the election,” she said.

11 Likes

Short for ROFLMAO.

4 Likes

It’s a real, and open, question if any of the Republicans supporting this anti-democratic movement to undo a clear election victory by Biden will suffer any consequences. They are all doing it to show fealty to the shite supremacist, nutty right wing Trump base, in the hopes of securing their position in the future. It’s very likely that those voters will vote for them…the question is if there are enough to protect them from an effort to undermine the Constitution and turn our democracy into a dictatorship run by Republicans.

And, honestly, I’m not sure of the answer. The ones in safe Republican seats will probably continue to win, as other Republicans won’t want to run against them. The ones in seats that could be challenged, it’s hard to say…the last election showed that Republican voters are just fine coming out and voting for anti-democratic Republicans, the rabid right wingers came out in droves, and the rest of the people didn’t come out as strongly as needed to win in the local elections.

If we can’t get the average American that values democracy to vote against Republicans trying to end it, then I don’t know if this nation has a future as a united set of states.

12 Likes

Perhaps someone from California or New York or some other distant state - or one of his own constituents - should ask the Supreme Court to overturn Waltz’s reelection.

No. They shouldn’t. Because that just shouldn’t be done for stupidity and sycophancy or most other reasons, real or imagined.

2 Likes

I’m into my 5th decade of NYer subscription, and every issue reminds me why.

6 Likes