‘Operation Hall Pass’: Vid Shows Lawmaker Coaching Group Ahead Of OR Capitol Breach | Talking Points Memo

An Oregon lawmaker facing charges for letting a mob into the state Capitol despite COVID-19 closures discussed “Operation Hall Pass” with a roomful of people just days before the incident. 

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://talkingpointsmemo.com/?p=1376514
1 Like

It s about time this started getting more attention. Finally saw it on CNN’s site.

36 Likes

For anyone wondering, this is more than adequate evidence to prove the meeting of the minds that is required for a criminal conspiracy charge. I won’t speculate what the underlying crime(s) might be for that conspiracy under Oregon law, but I’m pretty sure there are one or more such crimes.

63 Likes

All of that “which I don’t know anything about” drekk probably sounded really clever when he said it. But, since it’s on videotape, it’s just incriminating. Then, Nearman’s actual participation in the break-in clinches it.

Also, it shows some of his supporting insurrectionists as morons.

53 Likes

Treason = necktie party…that’s heritage and tradition, something these bastards like to pine for.

11 Likes

OT, but Trump says the way to combat cyber attacks is to go back to pen and paper.

32 Likes

Typical White Supremacists like these are never the sharpest tools in the box. Why they feel Supreme, Dog only knows.

21 Likes

He should have assisted in the occupying of a Federal park or wildlife reserve. No law against that. Well, at least none that are enforced.

10 Likes

Nearman has been stripped of committee assignments and an investigator hired by the legislature concluded recently that “it is more likely than not that Rep. Nearman intentionally aided demonstrators in breaching Capitol security and entering the building on December 21, 2020, when it was closed to the public.”

They had better lock him up in a maximum security prison. He seems like a major break-out risk.

19 Likes

There is no place in government for an insurrectionist who would endanger anyone for his “cause.” If the evidence is there kick his ass out of government and make sure he goes to jail.

23 Likes

That will solve Chiselin’ Trump’s Twitter problem. He can start sending all of his tweets by US mail.

20 Likes

I bet he thought he was being so cool when he thought of that ‘random number’ shtick in his head.

31 Likes

I will certainly vote for the banning of mobile phones…

6 Likes

That won’t work. By the time Biden gets around top engineering DeJoy’s ouster all the mail will have to be sorted by 7 remaining sorting machines in Dubuque, the rest having been “retired”.

6 Likes

His shadow-puppet alligator is also pretty bad.

11 Likes

Haven’t been to a public movie theater in a long time. But I think if your damned screen flickers in a theater during the movie it should be grounds for summary execution, right there in your seat.

Not hyperbole.

2 Likes

“Lawmaker”?

Law-breaker

9 Likes

The good thing about this is how amateurish the various insurrectionist groups have shown themselves to be. This moron was using the well known legal theory of “if you don’t actually say it explicitly then it doesn’t count” to help plan an attack on the Oregon Capitol. It’s right in line with the other various groups that make a big deal about how they are professional operators and turn out to plan things in about the dumbest, least secure way possible. Part of it is just the plain arrogance they have, they think their cause is so justified that they can do whatever they want and get away with it (and history doesn’t disagree with that notion).

The bad thing is that they are going to learn from this…there’s no way to avoid it, but this will create some insurrectionists who aren’t morons or who don’t assume that they can do whatever they want. That’s going to make this much more dangerous, the next swath of attacks may be more damaging and come out of nowhere.

31 Likes

It works for me.

3 Likes

I got a pair of these for my birthday last year. It’s good to know that I don’t need to retire them.

43 Likes