Oops- Error 500

Hey Hey... @tomwright

I was confronted with this Oops- Error 500 message at 2:45 PM PT when linking in from the front site,

So here I am reporting it.

~OGD~

1 Like

All clear . . .

It's now working properly.

Too bad, Eh @doremus_jessup ? :smirk:

~OGD~

1 Like

It's hit and miss still, I think.

6 Likes

Yup...

There's a gremlin running around in the switching. I just got a bad Gateway when liking your post. Tried it a second time and it worked.

~OGD~

1 Like

I'm getting it with considerable frequency. Thought it was my crappy internet service. Maybe Putin's pissed at TPM.

8 Likes

Three times in the last five minutes so it's still running around.

1 Like

At least Russia Today has not appeared.

5 Likes

I've had lots of problems this afternoon, too.

The TPM servers are somewhat underpowered for the traffic and ad load, I feel. Time to pony up for more throughput/bandwidth. Maybe Josh can charge more for ads, given his traffic.

Sorry, we couldn't load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

This keeps popping up for me as well. I'm hanging it up for the night as the more off than on is driving me batty. Hope by morning things are running smoothly.

1 Like

I've been getting that one as well as 502 bad gateway error.

Me too.

And it's about 4 AM east coast time (travel day today....), so the net traffic load almost has to be on the low side, and it's still doing it.....

Server Error
while trying to load /latest.json
Error code: 502 Bad Gateway

1 Like

5:30 am eastern same here.

Sometimes when I click on profile it says the page doesn't exist or is private.

Here too. Trouble logging in at the usual link, I had to use a different login page (instead of the main page login, which didn't do anything when I clicked on it, I had to click on The Hive link and then log in from there. Then it couldn't give the discussion main index page, I got an error message there:

: (
Server Error
while trying to load /latest.json
Error code: 502 Bad Gateway

Yup - I have the problem too. When I logout of my account, everything works. Log back in, most of the time comments will not work. One thread is even prompting me to download player.swf.

Clicking on topics I often get this.

> Sorry, we couldn't load that topic, possibly due to a connection problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

Or when giving a like I get a gateway error.

3 Likes

It's funny that this particular thread has been resisting loading today, offering the "Oops" page a lot of the time.

When trying to post a reply, I have had to hit reply a second time because the first attempt gets me the gateway error.

I also get the

Sorry, we couldn't load that topic, possibly due to a connection
problem. Please try again. If the problem persists, let us know.

quite often, but can't say whether it's more frequent in this topic.